Industrial Maintenance Technology Faculty Instructor
San Joaquin Valley College Modesto, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
San Joaquin Valley College
Job Title: Industrial Maintenance Technology Faculty
Department:Academic Affairs & Student Services
Reports To:Academic Dean
Classification: Part Time
Summary: Working with minimal supervision from the Academic Dean and technical supervision from the Program Director or Division Manager, the instructor is primarily responsible for the delivery of lecture and/or lab instruction to a population of diverse students.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares course work for all assigned classes and teaches assigned courses in accordance with established SJVC approved curriculum and course outlines.
- Assesses and analyzes student mastery of course and program learning outcomes.
- Reviews assessment data and adjusts curriculum and instructional methodologies to improve student learning.
- Contributes to outcome discussions at the campus, program and institution levels.
- Fulfills all duties enumerated within the Statement of Faculty Responsibilities
- Participates in college governance, committees and task forces.
- Attends educational and campus meetings.
- Contacts students outside the classroom due to student absence to relay information related to class work and assignments.
- Offers students additional tutoring outside class time.
- Refers students to appropriate campus resources.
- Performs various functions and duties directly related to the program or the operations of the campus.
- Informs students about course requirements, evaluation procedures and attendance requirements.
- Maintains necessary attendance, scholastic and student records, and submits records according to published guidelines.
- Participates in professional development, advisory board meetings, student and other educational activities in accordance with college policy.
- Maintains current knowledge in the field, vocation or profession.
- Participates in the evaluation, revision and development of curriculum and instructional methods.
- Participates as assigned in various campus activities and duties.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Supervisory Responsibilities: An instructor supervises student conduct in the classroom, on the campus, and on field trips and school related functions.
Competency: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Instructional Skills – Comes across as confident and well-prepared when providing instruction in small and large groups; effectively utilizes instructional resources to meet the variety of student learning needs; applies engagement and assessment techniques.
Content-Specific Knowledge - Understands the fundamentals, skills, methods and procedures within their area of expertise and instructional practice.
Dependability - Makes and fulfills commitments; has established a pattern of working independently, meeting reasonable deadlines, and accepting responsibility for actions; willingly makes promises and fully intends to keep them; arrives to work on time and ready to contribute; shows up for meetings well prepared.
Student Achievement Focus - Personally demonstrates that students and employers are a high priority; identifies student needs and expectations and responds to them in a timely and effective manner; anticipates and prevents delays or other things that can adversely affect the student; keeps student informed about progress.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Must meet or exceed all standards listed in Minimum Faculty Qualifications. Required degrees must be from accredited institutions.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret materials related to area of expertise; ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from students, employees and members of the business community; ability to effectively present information to students, employees, and the business community.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume; ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Access, Outlook and all software programs related to courses to be taught.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Instructors must have required certificates, licenses and registrations required for the course(s) they are to teach.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk; hear and speak. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
In some and/or all vocational classrooms, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
San Joaquin Valley CollegeWhy Work Here?
Family owned company with a passion for student and staff success!