Fine Wine & Spirit Consultant/Sales Professional
- Posted: over a month ago
San Francisco Wine Trading Company, a division of JJ Buckley Fine Wines, is looking for energetic, professional, and highly motivated individuals to join our retail and on-line, relationship-based sales team. This is a fulltime position, working 5 days a week from our shop in West Portal, San Francisco.
Strong candidates will have a comprehensive understanding of wines, major regions, varietals, and pricing. The ability to provide a high level of detailed service instore and online to a demanding fine wine customer base. This includes a well-rounded knowledge of fine wines, customer relationship building, technology and sales writing. The most successful person in this role will be very organized, able to multitask, self-motivated and a strong verbal and written communicator. The position offers a great opportunity to learn and grow through extensive hands-on education.
Strong candidates will:
- Show proficiency in verbal and written communication skills in a way that caters to the commodity and clientele
- Have strong interpersonal/presentation skills and the ability to compellingly present wines and build relationships with customers
- Demonstrate advanced tasting skills and a well-developed knowledge, curiosity and appreciation of ultra-premium wines
- Be welcoming, hospitality-minded and helpful when assisting customers and coworkers.
- Be organized, resourceful and dedicated to excellence on all aspects of work; capable of planning their own time efficiently and effectively.
- Hold one or more professional certifications: WSET, CSW, CSM
- Be prepared to wear hats not previously mentioned
Working alongside a team of seasoned professionals, the candidate must be well-versed and come with a diverse background that includes:
- 3+ years of recent wine industry related experience (wine retail/wholesale, restaurant or other) is required.
- Strong knowledge of fine wine market (especially Bordeaux, Burgundy, Napa, Tuscany, Rhone), and some individual wine label familiarity – top wines per region and current market pricing.
- Ability to write tasting notes, speak in depth to specific products/regions/varietals
• Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
• Capable writer and ability to type 35-40 words per minute
• Comfortable selling wines to clients both in person and via online communication
• Proficiency in MS Office and an ability to quickly learn new technology/software
- Must be 21 years old to apply
- Must be able and willing to lift up to 50 pounds
About San Francisco Wine Trading Company
Nestled in the hills above San Francisco’s West Portal neighborhood, the San Francisco Wine Trading Company has been a Bay Area landmark since 1976. Like any good story about wine, ours is one of family, hard work, and constant evolution. www.sfwtc.com
About JJ Buckley
JJ Buckley is one of America's leading online retailers of fine wines, with a focus on imported wines – especially wines from France. We are dedicated to blending tradition and innovation through offering personalized wine services and recognized expertise to enthusiasts and collectors of the world’s finest wines. To learn more about JJ Buckley, visit www.jjbuckley.com
Health / Dental / Vision
80K + (salaried + commission)
San Francisco Wine Trading Company
AddressSan Francisco, CA
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?