The SF Playhouse is looking for an experienced and highly organized General Manager to manage the day to day administration and general management of the theatre.
The General Manager is responsible for the smooth and efficient day-to-day running of the San Francisco Playhouse with particular focus on the systems and operations of our theatre. You will lead our administration department and play a key role in operations, HR and policy, as well as a supporting role in compliance, governance and planning.
Status: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Hours: 40 hours per week
Schedule: 5 days a week, 8 hours a day
Start Date: ASAP
- Manage the day to day administration of the company including office systems, internal communication, company information and overseeing the working environment
- Responsible for the general management of the theatre including IT and telephone systems, safety and security procedures and facilities maintenance.
- Oversee risk assessment procedures for productions and events.
- Attend regular staff and managers meetings
HR and Personnel
- Oversee Human Resources for the Playhouse
- Oversee personnel administration, including recruitment, onboarding, offboarding and employment contracts
- Oversee employee and supervisor Anti-Harassment Training
- Ensure that Playhouse is compliant with all San Francisco and California Employment laws & postings are current.
- Manage employee benefits programs including health reimbursement and commuter benefits
- Oversee Health care compliance including ACA calculations and HCSO filings
- Ensure that Playhouse’s policies are regularly updated, compliant and clearly communicated and implemented.
- Manage, implement and abide by the theatre’s Illness and Injury Prevention Policy and Emergency Action Plan ensuring that all members of the company are trained in and comply with emergency and safety procedures. Submit OSHA reports when necessary.
- Oversee Safety Committee and serve as Chief Safety officer, coordinate quarterly committee meetings
- Ensure that all premises, staff and productions are adequately insured including workers comp, liability insurance and vehicle insurance.
- Oversee Business registration, Liquor license and fire permit renewals.
- Coordinate company vehicle registration.
- Manage administrative and operational budgets
- Oversee the ongoing review of vendor contracts ensuring best value for money.
- Function as AEA, Equity League, SDC and USA Liaison including season renewal, contract negotiation and closing notices.
- Execute Actor and AEA SM/ASM contracts and riders
- Coordinate Housing and transportation for out of town guests.
- At least 3 years previous experience as General Manager
- Excellent staff management skills/experience
- Highly organized, efficient and confident nature
- Fluent in Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel & Outlook
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Time management skills
- Ability to prioritize a varied workload and work to deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to identify and solve problems as well as act on one’s own initiative
- Ability to act with integrity and observe confidentiality
- Positive, enthusiastic and flexible attitude