Data Entry Clerk
Part-time 32 hrs. Friday- Monday 1:00pm -9:30pm
About the San Francisco Campus for Jewish Living
The nonprofit San Francisco Campus for Jewish Living serves a significant number of patients and long-term care/skilled-nursing residents each year in its Jewish Home & Rehab Center. Non-residential care is offered through our short-term and rehabilitation services unit for patients who require specialized interdisciplinary rehabilitation to recover from surgery or an acute illness, and through our acute geriatric psychiatry hospital. With over 650 compassionate, experienced clinical and allied health personnel, SFCJL provides older adults with a variety of life-enriching healthcare programs and services in a welcoming, stimulating environment.
SFCJLs campus now includes the new Lynne & Roy M. Frank Residences (assisted living apartments and memory care & support assisted living suites), and Byer Square, a non-residential community of programs, services, and support.
We offer benefit-eligible staff a substantial benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, flexible spending, and various insurance packages. Eligible employees can sign up for a 403(b) with matching company contributions. We also offer paid time off and a commuter check program. All staff can enjoy the discounted cafeteria lunch and use the weekday shuttle service provided to and from Glen Park BART station.
The Data Entry Clerk will provide support to the short-term rehab team and Unit Coordinator. The role will be to enter all physician orders in the EMR system for new orders (including all new admissions/readmissions)
- Processes admission charts according to the admission procedure.
- Prepares source data for computer entry by compiling and sorting information; establishing entry priorities.
- Accurately enters health information documents according to established records format.
- Enter data into the computer timely, accurately, and completely.
- Enters all physician orders in the EMR system for new orders (including all new admissions/readmissions)
- Audits EMR entries and nurses activation of orders.
- Identify late and incomplete documentation and notify respective disciplines for completion.
- Assist UC in scheduling and coordinating appointments, preparing charts, and managing chart maintenance and storage
- Assists Unit Coordinator in answering phones, managing call lights, uploading, and other days to day UC tasks.
- Greets, welcomes, and interfaces with all visitors, families, patients, and staff.
- Supports the admission team and STARS concierge staff.
- Maintains confidentiality and adheres to HIPAA regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma
- Two years of experience preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to build rapport quickly with peers and customers
- Experience working with seniors preferred
- Electronic Medical Records experience, preferred
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to read, write, communicate and comprehend verbal and written instructions in English
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
San Francisco Campus for Jewish Living