Operations Specialist III (Hybrid)
- Expired: October 27, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
The San Diego Workforce Partnership is the leader for innovative workforce solutions in San Diego County. We fund and deliver job training programs that enable all job seekers to develop the skills and knowledge needed for in-demand careers. Our vision is that every business in our region has access to a skilled workforce and every job seeker has access to meaningful employment. We seek to earn trust and inspire growth in every action we take.
Our Position Summary
The Operations Specialist III is responsible for overseeing all operations of Workforce Partnership's Sector Initiatives department. The Operations Specialist III will develop and oversee the functional operations of the Sector Initiatives department in a way that is cost-effective, compliant with internal policies, federal, state, and local regulations, contractual obligations, and the expectations of philanthropic funders. This role will provide horizontal support to the department's vertical priority sectors by developing new, and improving existing systems, processes, and best practices.
- Ensure all Sector Initiatives operations are carried out in an appropriate, time-sensitive, and cost-effective way.
- Drives the use of organization-designated Customer Relationship Management systems and project management tools by delivering ongoing training to staff.
- Uses a variety of operational systems to analyze data and produce complex reports and visualizations that drive performance and asses risk.
- Brings solutions, perspective, and creative thinking to department projects with limited direction from manager.
- Drive accountability to implement the agency's written policies, procedures, and performance measurements for Sector Initiatives staff.
Compliance & Finance
- Liaison with the agency's Compliance and Finance departments to ensure operational systems, processes, and practices are compliant.
- Engage with Compliance & Finance to seek clarity on policy, formulate and enact changes to department procedures, and request exceptions to policy as appropriate.
- Assist the department's program specialists with data requirements and programmatic reporting to our funders.
- Create service agreements and purchase orders for the department to procure goods and services as needed.
- Understands the rules, regulations, and procedures that govern an assigned project or contract and takes ownership and initiative to ensure compliance and effectiveness of process to mitigate risk.
- Ability to distill complex information into concise summaries and training for staff and leadership
What you bring
- Passionate about and able to clearly articulate Workforce Partnership's's mission and vision
- Bachelor's degree in business, operations management, communications or a related field,or 2 years' experience working in a similar role or equivalent work experience;
- Clear written and oral communicator
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to ask thought-provoking, insightful questions
- Affinity for using systems and analyzing data
- Prior Salesforce experience a plus
- Strong ability to build effective relationships with teammates, and partner organizations
- Skilled with Microsoft Office (proficiency with Excel a plus)
- Some travel to offsite locations may be required
Engaging in inclusive, respectful relationships among colleagues, customers and community that foster the achievement of shared goals.
Driving quality, innovation and measurable outcomes through a customer-centered focus and a high-performance culture.
Strategic, efficient, effective use of resources to meet the evolving needs of our customers and community with the highest levels of integrity.
Taking responsibility for creating a culture where everyone is welcomed, heard, valued and empowered to fully participate and reach their full potential.
Prioritizing those who have been systemically denied opportunity through policies, priorities, practices, and behaviors that result in access to opportunity for ALL colleagues, customers and communities.
We Love to Take Care of Our Workforce Associates- We offer a great work environment, a culture that values individuality and inclusion, collaborative and innovative teams, and a competitive pay and benefits package. Our benefits include PTO, PTO sell-back program. Generous employer paid benefits (platinum plans), company-paid learning and professional development program, pension plan and 457 retirement plan. Additional employee wellness work driven by diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) and activities committees. Compensation will be $60,830-71,885 annually.
At the Workforce Partnership, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, and the work that we do in the communities we serve. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace for all. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.
San Diego Workforce Partnership
AddressSan Diego, CA
Get fresh Workforce Development Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.