Client Services Manager
- Posted: over a month ago
The San Diego Tourism Authority is a private, non-profit, mutual benefit corporation composed of approximately 900 member organizations, businesses, local governments, and individuals seeking a better community through the visitor industry. San Diego Tourism Authority (SDTA) members include tourism-related entities in such categories as lodging, dining, arts & attractions, shopping, and transportation, among others, as well as other companies indirectly involved in the visitor industry.
As a sales and marketing organization, the main objective of SDTA is to promote and market San Diego County as a vacation destination and meetings and convention site. SDTA also represents and supports the interests of the visitor industry as a whole.
- Service groups/accounts and assist with colleague's client sites, as needed.
- Maintain knowledge and status of each group's needs, commitments, housing requirements, registration needs and follow up through entire event to include weekend and evenings, if necessary.
- Assist with planning visits by the client and their teams, which might include hotel arrangements, venue appointments, meal appointments, hotel transfers, etc.
- Attend and/or facilitate pre-conference meetings and post-conference meetings. Compile post-convention reports for any assigned groups as requested by the CSO or EVP of the SDCCC.
- Work with preferred housing and registration provider while maintaining knowledge of rates, procedures and guidelines.
- Show value to hotel partners by being knowledgeable and analytical for all housing details.
- Attend local committee meetings and assist in working with local committee for assigned groups as necessary.
- Maintain knowledge of present and future San Diego event facilities, hotels, and the SDCCC.
- Assist with new member orientations, workshops and presentations as necessary. In addition, attend membership networking events.
- Minimum of two years serving as an Event Manager/Convention Service Manager at a Destination Marketing Organization or hotel with substantial group business.
- Experience planning events in a membership organization, hotel, tourism or hospitality industry a plus.
- Knowledge of San Diego and ability to promote the city.
- Must be comfortable speaking in front of and leading groups of people.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously.
- Efficient and proven organizational skills; detail oriented
- Ability to travel locally and domestically.
- Must be able to walk for extended periods of time.
SDTA offers competitive salary and comprehensive benefits.
Offer of employment will be contingent upon satisfactory proof of COVID-19 Vaccination or medical or religious exemption and satisfactorily clearing background checks.
San Diego Tourism Authority is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, age, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, veteran status or any other basis covered under applicable law.
San Diego Tourism Authority
AddressSan Diego, CA
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?