Director of Information Technology
San Diego Symphony Orchestra San Diego, CA
- Expired: July 29, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Director of Information Technology provides future-focused, innovative oversight and leadership of all IT initiatives, including technology strategy, governance, standards and policies, and is responsible for establishing the San Diego Symphonys Technology Roadmap while leading all aspects of the organizations technology development, implementation, maintenance, security, disaster recovery and business continuity processes. The Director of Information Technology will assess and manage departmental IT needs and develop IT budgets, recommend innovative IT solutions in support of business needs, and manage all activities including networks and telecommunications, desktop lifecycle, enterprise applications, cyber security, help desk and data center operations. The Director of Information Technology is responsible for overseeing the procurement, installation and maintenance all computer hardware, software and technology necessary to keep business systems running properly. A creative IT expert with in-depth experience building state of the art systems who is willing to roll up their sleeves and jump in will be the right fit for this job. The Symphony is not a 9-5 Monday through Friday operation, and a schedule that includes nights and weekends is to be expected. The right candidate will be someone who can see the big picture at every turn but understands the importance of staying on top of day-to-day tasks such as onboarding new hires.
* Work with leadership to identify business requirements, recommend innovative IT solutions, and forge collaborative working relationships between IT and all other departments
* Proactively identify future needs and challenges for the business for achieving technology/digital goals, including any digital action plans; create a strategic plan in the area of Information Technology for the organization
* Develop, evaluate, recommend and implement on-going strategic approaches for infrastructural and information security services in order to deliver a high level of stability, security, flexibility and value to support the changing needs of the Symphony. Have the ability to see what the needs will be 5 years from now.
* Keep abreast of IT advancements, industry trends, and development and support methodologies, and be the expert in IT best practices in the area of the Arts.
* Partner as needed with outside consultants and agencies for outsourced IT support and strategy to ensure the needs of the Symphony are met.
* Lead annual IT strategic planning; advise on emerging technologies and digital trends relevant to the Symphonys goals and future needs.
* Drive the definition of the Symphonys application architecture and roadmap, including vendor/technology evaluation and selection.
* Effectively translate business requirements into solutions that take into consideration fiscal responsibility, scalability, security, business continuity and supportability.
* With a commitment to protected data, develop and enforce policy and procedures to ensure the protection of the Symphonys IT assets and the integrity, security and privacy of patrons, employees and third-party partners information; frequently review processes and data storage practices and continually recommend safeguards to protect data.
* Partner with other Symphony team members and outside vendors to ensure business systems are using a best-practices approach to technology in order to improve the Symphonys efficiency.
* Develop and maintain departmental budget; work with other departments to manage hardware and software requirements incorporated into the annual budgeting process. Stay "ahead of the curve" by forecasting equipment needs for new hires.
* Serve as a reliable primary contact with outside vendors in the generation of RFPs, bids, contracts, agreements, and other major vendor interactions, systems operations and maintenance.
* Manage ordering, acquisition, inventory, and disposition of hardware and software; develop, as necessary, master purchase or lease agreements for hardware, software, maintenance and telecommunication services.
* Establish IT security access protocols to ensure the functioning and security of mission critical operations of informational systems, applications and equipment.
* Monitor data integrity and content within the network to mitigate breach and data integrity risks.
* Establish, implement, and enforce data security and disaster recovery plans that ensure appropriate levels of business transparency, continuity, and regulation compliance.
* Develop and maintain system recovery plans in the event of power failure, damage to system, etc.
* Oversee development and governance of intranet in response to current and anticipated needs of staff and the organization.
* Direct the overall technological components of the department, including application infrastructure, network infrastructure, hardware components & security control.
* Oversee the implementation and maintenance of all technology projects.
* Install new software releases and system upgrades, evaluate and install patches, resolve software-related problems.
* Maintain computer hardware and software to ensure performance in accordance with the needs of the organization.
* Configure, monitor, test, and maintain the networks including switches, routers, firewalls, and other networked devices.
* Configure and maintain encrypted client and site-to-site connections for internal users.
* Perform continuous monitoring of system and network uptime and minimize/resolve outages.
* Perform server build outs and maintenance.
* Troubleshoot and correct issues within the hosted environment.
* Oversee the development, design, and implementation of new applications and changes to existing computer systems and software packages.
* Ensure that software usage is in compliance with vendor licensing standards.
* Supervise department staff, including recruitment, coaching, training, and career development; work with Human Resources to ensure staffing decisions and actions are consistent with institutional goals.
* Create a vital customer service-oriented environment in which other business departments are encouraged to seek and are satisfied with help and guidance on technology issues.
* Provide leadership to create a customer focused help desk.
* Provide technical expertise and industry knowledge to support all SDSO departments.
The San Diego Symphony is committed to a workplace in which every employee has equitable opportunities and support, and experiences a sense of belonging. Individuals with diverse backgrounds, identities, and experiences are encouraged to apply.
Necessary experience, skills, and abilities:
* Bachelors degree in Computer Science or experience in a related field.
* Minimum seven years of professional work experience in Information Technology with a focus on Infrastructure.
* Minimum of 2 years in an IT leadership position.
* Experience in the following technologies/products required:
* MS Office 365, MS Office 2016
* Switches, firewalls and Virtualization systems
* Microsoft server and client operating systems, group policy, and deployment
* Experience in Tessitura, Tessitura Networks Express Web (TNEW) and Tessitura RAMP preferred.
* High degree of confidentiality and discretion.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks successfully.
* Professional demeanor.
* Collaborative attitude and willingness to work as part of a larger team toward a common goal.
* Experience in the Arts, performance venues or similar relevant experience preferred.
* Experience working with an organization with multiple locations preferred.
* Available to work some nights and weekends as required for concert and rehearsal coverage.
* Able to sit or stand for long periods of time.
* Able to crouch or kneel as needed.
* Able to pick up and move a minimum of 50 lbs. alone and move up to 100 pound with assistance when needed.
This is a full-time position with benefits, based at the San Diego Symphony. Evening and weekend work is required. Due to the pandemic, administrative staff are temporarily working remotely.
San Diego Symphony Orchestra
AddressSan Diego, CA
TechnologyView all jobs at San Diego Symphony Orchestra