Fleet Operations Specialist
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Under the direct supervision of the Fleet Assistant Manager, the Fleet Operations Specialist assists in the cleaning, maintenance, and repairs of all San Diego Blood Bank (SDBB) vehicles and exterior facility grounds. Works directly with Class B drivers and reports all issues with vehicles to the Fleet Operations Assistant Manager.
• Adheres to, exhibits and upholds SDBB's Standards of Excellence.
• Assists with maintenance and repairs of a variety of SDBB motor vehicles, building equipment, fixtures, and certain types of medical equipment.
• Completes work requests assigned by Plant Operations Management.
• Assists in updating and maintaining Plant Operations maintenance and repair logs.
• Keeps management apprised of any maintenance or safety issues that come to their attention.
• Performs occasional custodial tasks such as sweeping, mopping, trash removal, and spot cleaning of parking lots, exterior grounds, covered garage and Gateway roof.
• Assists in the inspection of the cleaning of all blood bank vehicles by custodians and subcontractors.
• Communicates directly with mechanics to ensure vehicles are being repaired in a timely manner.
• Sets up patios, garage, and other exterior areas for SDBB functions and events.
• Understands and adheres to the policies and standards as developed as part of the San Diego Blood Bank Compliance Program.
• Performs other duties as assigned or directed.
• Various working conditions; indoor, outdoor, good to inclement weather etc.
• Some traveling required.
• Extensive interactions with employees, vendors and the public.
• Ability to lift 60 lbs. required.
• Climb ladders up to 22 feet and the ability to work on the roof at heights up to 35 feet above the ground.
• Must be able to walk, stand or sit for extended periods of time.
• Computer, calculator, various motor vehicles, office equipment, maintenance tools, calibration devices, thermometers, generators, forklift and air conditioning devices.
o High School Diploma or equivalent.
o Valid California driver's license (Class C) required. Class A or B preferred.
o 2 or more years of experience in the maintenance field.
o Experience in performing maintenance tasks in the following areas: oil levels, DEF levels, and generic automotive. Experience in using tools and test equipment associated with those tasks.
o Mechanical skills preferred.
o Ability to maintain clear, concise, legible reports and accurate information logs and records.
o Common knowledge of how vehicles operate.
o Ability to drive various motor vehicles. Must be 21 for insurance purposes.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This job description is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
San Diego Blood Bank
AddressSan Diego, CA
BusinessView all jobs at San Diego Blood Bank