**Must enlist into the United States Army Active Duty
Military police protect the lives and property on Army installations by enforcing military laws and regulations. They also control traffic, prevent crime and respond to all emergencies.
- Law enforcement patrols
- Interview witnesses, victims and suspects in investigations
- Crime scene security and processing
- Arrest and charge criminal suspects
Those who want to serve must first take the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery, a series of tests that helps you better understand your strengths and identify which Army jobs are best for you.
Job training for military police requires 20 weeks of One Station Unit Training and on-the-job instruction in police methods. Part of this time is spent in the classroom and in the field.
Some of the skills you’ll learn are:
- Basic warrior skills and use of firearms
- Military/civil laws and jurisdiction
- Investigating and collecting evidence
- Traffic and crowd control
- Arrest and restraint of suspects
- Interest in law enforcement
- Ability to make quick decisions
- Remain calm under heavy duress
- Ability to interact well with people
Required ASVAB Score(s)
Skilled Technical (ST): 91