Help Students Choose Their Course and Grow Your Career as a San Antonio ISD Health Science Master Teacher!
As one of the fastest improving districts in the state of Texas, San Antonio Independent School District (SAISD) is transforming to realize its mission of becoming a national model urban school district where every child graduates and is educated so that he or she is prepared to be a contributing member of the community. If you are excited about this mission, your role as a teacher with SAISD will help you facilitate students choosing the course they’re most passionate about.
Health Science is a booming industry and San Antonio ISD is preparing the next generation of Health Science professionals. We’re looking for current Registered Nurses with at least one year of care experience to teach high school health science classes at Fox Teach High School.
- Qualified Adjunct Faculty in Nursing at San Antonio College
- Prefer teacher to be certified to offer Healthcare Provider CPR training to students
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university
- Master’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university
- Valid Texas Teaching Certificate with required endorsements for subject and level assigned
- Two (2) years of teaching experience (by the end of the 2018-2019 school year)
- Evidence of success in achieving high levels of student growth in the grade/subject for which the teacher is applying demonstrated through performance evaluations and student data
- Base salary in accordance with their placement on the SAISD 2019-2020 salary scale.
- ‘Additional Days’ stipend of $5,625 for 15 days. 15 days worked outside of the contract year to include 5 days of professional learning and 10 additional days of work with students). The payment would be paid as supplemental pay. The amount would be prorated for days not worked.
- ‘Extended Time’ stipend of $9,375. While specific requirements are determined at the program level, this stipend is for extended time which includes activities such as tutoring students (estimated at an additional 5 hours per week) and attending professional learning (5 Saturdays during the school year). This stipend will be prorated and paid in monthly increments.
Learn More: http://bit.ly/SAISDMasterTeacher