Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
Samuel Staffing Hillsboro, OR
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Plasma Center Nurse – LPN
The Medical Staff Associate (LPN) determines donor eligibility to donate plasma, management of donor adverse events, review of laboratory test results, donor notification of unsuitable test results. You will work under the direct supervision of the Center Manager (or Assistant Manager as applicable) for operational guidance and under the supervision of the Center Physician for medical issues. Ideally, you will be familiar with regulations of the plasma collection industry and/or a manufacturing environment. This position follows guidance provided by Medical Affairs and provides center level support of environmental, health and safety (EHS).
- Donor Eligibility
- Determine donor eligibility accurately and in a timely manner, to include, proper management of informed consent, AIDS education and confidential self-exclusion, medical history interview and acceptance requirements, physical examination, blood testing, and reviewing Serological Protein Electrophoresis (SPE) as required.
- Evaluate and manage donor reaction(s), which occurs at the facility as outlined in the SOPs. Follow applicable SOPs for medical emergencies including the execution of Center Physician’s standing orders and donor transport to emergency care facilities.
- Manage donor deferral; reviews test results and notify donors of unsuitable test results per applicable SOPs.
- Initiation and investigation of Post Donation Information (PDI).
- Refer to the Center Physician or Medical Affairs (as applicable) when in need of providing unacceptable findings to donors, problem solving, or guidance concerning medical or technical issues, including donor safety and eligibility.
- Demonstrate continued competency in the performance of job responsibilities and complete periodic assessment with the Center Physician per applicable SOPs.
- Assist the EHS program as required per SOPs or as requested by the EHS Manager
- Conduct pre-placement evaluation of new hires to include assessment of medical history questionnaire.
- Support the Hepatitis B and Seasonal Flu vaccination programs for employees as applicable.
- Maintain applicable employee medical records.
- Member of EHS site committee and assist in training of employees, as required.
- Administer first aid to employees as needed.
- Act as Pandemic Coordinator when authorized by EHS.
- Manage employee incidents and determine whether further evaluation is required by occupational health/ER. Refer to EHS guiding regarding employee incidents.
- Supports investigations associated with pandemic threats within local community as indicated by EHS or Medical Affairs.
- May perform all required duties in the area of Medical History (including, but not limited to):
- Greet donors as they enter and exit the donor floor.
- Take and record donor pulse, blood pressure, and temperature measures and monitor electronic donor questionnaire system.
- Perform finger stick, test sample, and record other donor measures to include hematocrit, total protein and weight.
- Enter donor information into the Donor Information System (DIS).
Essential: Graduate of a recognized educational program.
- Able to satisfactorily complete the FDA approved training requirements.
- Effective communication skills.
- Customer service oriented.
- Basic computer skills.
- Willingness to work with other the Center Medical Team members to ensure coverage of all operating hours.
- Willingness to travel preferred.
- Graduate of a recognized educational program.
- Currently licensed or certified in the state duties will be assigned.
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and AED certification required.
- Fulfillment of state requirements (in state of licensure) for basic IV therapy.
- Minimum of two years in a clinical or hospital setting preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred but NOT required.
HealthcareView all jobs at Samuel Staffing