Senior Software Engineer, Cloud Native ( hybrid)
- Posted: over a month ago
We are seeking a Cloud Native Software Engineer to join us in the development of cloud native solutions and technologies. Although this position does not have operational responsibility, we are seeking software engineers with a passion for highly automated solutions in support of rapid application development and deployment.
This is a hybrid role based in Seattle, WA.
The Samsung SDS Cloud Native Computing Team's mission is to help companies in adoption of Cloud Native development principles and improve their organizational velocity. The CNCT is proud to be a member (from very early on pre 1.0 release) of the Cloud Native Computing Foundation (CNCF) and an active participant and contributor to Kubernetes, the leading container orchestration platform.
Adoption of Cloud Native principles will be one of the more challenging changes an organization makes. Outside expertise and resources are often needed to enable a successful transformation. CNCT provides expertise to product, operations, and development teams, inside and outside of Samsung.
- As part of Cloud Native Computing Team, you’ll be building modeling software to drive systems such as Ceph, Container and Kubernetes with a focus on distributed storage and Ceph.
- Develop and maintain software for delivery, operations and life-cycle management of Ceph storage
- Interact with customers, users, and engineers to resolve problems and define new features
- Work with the team to facilitate the technical delivery and build the high-performing culture
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred
- Experience to develop, maintain, integrate, and improve new and existing software-defined storage cluster software such as Ceph, Gluster, Minio, or other related products.
- Experience with block and object storage systems for VM/container systems
- Programming experience in at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or Golang
- Kubernetes experience along with Microservices and Cloud Native design patterns
- Extensive experience in object- design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis and experience in Linux-based systems
- Experience contributing to an open-source project
- Practical experience building systems on a public cloud infrastructure (AWS, GCP, etc.)
- System integration and distributed system debugging
- Ability to be productive in a globally distributed team through self-discipline and self-motivation, delivering according to a schedule, and to motivate and mentor others to do the same
Samsung SDSA offers a comprehensive suite of programs to support our employees:
- Top-notch medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage
- Wellness program
- Parental leave
- 401K match and savings plan
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time off
- Additional benefits
The base pay range for this role is USD $150,000 - $200,000 per year depending on appropriate skills, experience, and technical level.
Individual base pay depends on various factors, in addition to primary work location, such as complexity and responsibility of role, job duties/requirements, and relevant experience and skills.
Certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including annual bonus. U.S.-based employees have access to medical, dental, and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan and company match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, and wellbeing benefits, among others. U.S.-based employees also receive, per calendar year, up to 10 scheduled paid holidays, and Paid Time Off.
Samsung SDS America, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, marital status, genetic information, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Samsung SDS America
TechnologyView all jobs at Samsung SDS America
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?