Logistics Project Management (EM6511)
- Posted: over a month ago
Samsung SDS plays a leading role in the global logistics market with unique logistics services. With its innovative IT technology, SDS developed the integrated logistics solution called “Cello” in 2010, started its logistics business in 2012 and expanded its logistics business with Business Process Outsourcing.
Logistics Project Management is responsible for designing strategy planning for Logistics freight forwarding business. This position is expected to perform innovative activities to increase work efficiency and estimate the project result to report and provide the best communication between the management and operations.
To learn more about Samsung SDS America, Inc. please visit www.CelloLogistics.com.
- Monitor and manage the entire process of product movement via Air, Ocean, Land/trucking transportation process
- Track shipments across different channels
- Report monthly on Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) for the Supply Chain function
- Daily liaison with customers, carriers, and internal staff
- Develop performance metrics to evaluate the operating performance of internal supply chain resources and external supply chain partner collaboration model
- Support to perform logistics procedures to achieve team goals by logistics policies.
- Keep proper records of all forms of transactions related to the team’s logistics operations
- Monitor and resolve discrepancies and problems that can be found related to the transportation/logistics system
- Maintain essential account documentation with up to date information and ensure that it is collated and stored so as to be readily accessible
- Analyze areas of corporate logistics to find out the most cost-effective means and methods of transporting supplies
- Coordinate with site managers and co-workers to assure effective operations
- Perform ad-hoc reporting, as required.
- Perform other job related duties as required
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 10+ years of experience in the logistics industry Including Freight Forwarding and relevant industry knowledge including Strategy Planning
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Highly organized with the ability to manage multi-tasks while paying close attention to detail
- Positive attitude to solve problems and serve the customers with good care
- Very Proficient in Outlook, Microsoft Office applications such as Excel/Powerpoint/Word
- Great interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate openly and effectively
- Works well under pressure and has a sense of urgency
- Strong work ethics
- Ability to travel up to 10% in U.S.
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, 401k, Paid Time Off (PTO)
Samsung SDS America, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, marital status, genetic information, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Samsung SDS America
TechnologyView all jobs at Samsung SDS America
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?