- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
ESSENTIAL ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Planning the use of quality techniques communicate possible risks to the Engineering Manager, Program Manager and the Quality Manager.
- Risk Filter
- DFMEA / PFMEA
- Key Product and Key Process Characteristics
- Control Plan and Benchmarking
- Creating and maintaining the Assumptions Manual for the Module Group and all documents related to technical decision making, including:
- Monitoring the problem solving process with the modules
- Monitoring of agreed Quality Targets
- Error Proofing
- Reliability Estimation and Warranty Cost Estimation and monitoring
- Prototype Audits / Tolerances, Gap and flush concepts
- Customer satisfaction audits / weld, dimensional and appearance audits
- Release process of design components, tools, production processes, safety critical issues.
- Tracking and lead the daily, monthly meetings with the whole quality loop.
- Responsible for yard management, safety program and all process Audits requirement by the product.
- Assisting the Quality Director and quality team in:
- Creation Quality Plan and ensure that this plan will be fulfilled
- Preparation & coordination of documents for project-specific special reports, e.g., milestone reviews.
- Ensuring that the results (in accordance with the target agreements) are achieved at the internal and customer milestones.
- Project organization. (Project organizational chart, team list)
- Coordination and preparation, executing and post-reviewing of internal and external audits.
- Adherence to customer and MSNA specifications (process descriptions, standards, etc.) as determined by the Program Manager.
- Comply with requirements of the Quality Management System (QMS) in accordance with ISO/TS specifications.
- Identify concerns and initiate corrective actions (through verification) relating to product, process, and quality systems.
- Initiate preventative and continuous improvement actions relating to product, process, and quality systems.
- Any other tasks requested from time-to-time and those required to be done for the project.
- Bachelor’s degree engineering or equivalent Technical degree or experience in statistics or quality engineering.
- Experience or Education in Electrical Engineering, Automotive Electronics, and Battery Technology preferred.
- One to Seven years of Automotive OEM or Tier 1 supplier with experience in launch environment required.
- Conception, Design and Implementation of Software tools desirable.
- Hands-on experience or knowledge of Automotive Manufacturing and related Manufacturing techniques preferred.
- Knowledge of APQP, PFMEA, DFMEA, SPC, Root Cause Analysis, 8-D, 6-sigma, and DFSS tools.
INTERNAL TRAINING REQUIREMENTS:
- Quality Policy
- Health & Safety Orientation
- Quality Objectives
- New Hire or New Position Orientation
- Environmental Policy Statement
- Samsung Philosophy and Values
QUALITY ASSURANCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Comply with requirements of the Quality Operating System (QOS) in accordance with ISO 9001:2008
- Identify concerns and initiate corrective actions (through verification) relating to product, process and quality systems
- Initiate preventative and continuous improvement actions relating to product, process and quality systems
HEALTH & SAFETY REQUIREMENTS:
- Follow safe work procedures established by the Company; and follow the OH&S directions of the head of your department or supervisor
- Use of appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) and safety systems
- Where PPE is required to control exposure to hazards in the workplace, wear and maintain the PPE as directed, as indicated in a risk assessment, or as required in OH&S procedures
- Use other safety and emergency equipment provided in the workplace as directed or as required in OH&S procedures
- Assist with the preparation of risk assessments
- Before commencing work or research, a risk assessment should be conducted to identify, assess and control the hazards associated with the work or research. This should be conducted in conjunction with other relevant staff, researchers and the supervisor
- Report OH&S problems
- Report workplace hazards to the supervisor as soon as possible after they occur
- Report injury or illness arising from workplace activities using the incident/injury reporting system as soon as possible after the incident
- Lead incident investigations and implement corrective actions
- Complete monthly H&S inspections
Samsung SDI America Inc
AddressAuburn Hills, MI
ManufacturingView all jobs at Samsung SDI America Inc