Role and Responsibilities
For decades, Samsung has been leading the charge on innovation. We see beauty in achieving excellence and our passion for change fuels our discoveries, inventions, and breakthrough technology. We believe that technology can, and should, make the world a better place, so we create new possibilities for people everywhere, push the limits of what's possible, and constantly innovate.
At Samsung Electronics America, we take pride in the creativity and diversity of our talented people - they are at the forefront of everything we do. Their skillset and mindset drive our continued success. Only the resilient and resourceful thrive in the daily dose of unexpected at Samsung. We unapologetically push to achieve unforeseen potential in everything we do, both within the workplace and at home. We fearlessly face challenges head-on, conquer the unconquerable, and are comfortable living in the uncomfortable zone.
Together we make the impossible possible. Because at Samsung, we Own the Unknown.
Are you ready to #OwnTheUnknown? Join us.
If you have ambitions to be a part of a Best in Class sales organization, Samsung's Carrier Sales Account is the place to be. We use deep consumer insight, experience, and market-driven innovation to develop new product and solution concepts to sell out in retail. Bringing new hardware, software and services to market, we work directly with key product planning groups for each business unit for our customer to get Samsung products into users' hands. We provide new ways to bring Samsung products to market at one of the globe's leading carriers.
The dynamic culture at Samsung offers both great challenge and great reward. If you want to work among the very best talent in the industry, working on the most innovative products in the world, Samsung is the place to be.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Develop and institutionalize business cadence to review performance and take action related to financial performance, demand planning, and business risks and opportunities to better align plans to financial objectives.
- Initiates, develops, coordinates, and implements strategic product launch plans.
- Responsible for gathering, analyzing and reporting of key market performance, carrier strategy, competition, and sales data to provide actionable strategies and reporting for Senior Leadership.
- Develops real-time insights on market trends, shifts in sales behaviors, new category entrants, to generate actionable reporting.
- Lead in the management of Sales Reporting and Analysis across the Mobile organization.
- Functions as the focal point to improve communications between customer teams, headquarters and corresponding SEA team members. Communicates daily between headquarters and SEA organization on sales plans, identification and monitoring of business risks and opportunities.
- Manages the creation and continuing development of the carrier sales toolkit including information on key customer contacts, customer financials and other customer/competitor market sensing
- Leads the monthly business review process across all carrier sales teams, including scheduling, developing framework of key topics to be addressed and managing the implementation of all action items.
- Manage the development and update of sales dashboards, sales KPIs, early warning reports, and MBO management
- Contribution toward quarterly and annual revenue, profit and market share goals
- Strong knowledge of strategy development, analytical capabilities, and business savvy.
- Leads and provides accurate and timely analyses to Senior Leadership.
- Significant contribution toward customer team success.
- Active engagement with customer teams, internal support teams and Executives.
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in business management or related technical field, from an accredited college or university. Advanced degree highly preferred.
- 12+ years of experience in a telecommunications, CPG and/or retail industry supply chain, business, finance and sales operations management.
- Should have a minimum of 5 years of experience in building a function responsible for developing, compiling, and presenting business plans.
- Should have experience in direct or indirect leadership of teams.
- Fluent in reading, writing, and verbal communications in English.
- Experience researching and resolving customer product development, launch, delivery, and logistics issues.
- Experience developing presentations using a variety of Global HQ and English PC applications methods, including word-processing and spreadsheet software.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with all assigned levels within and outside the company.
- Plan, organize, and prioritize multiple assignments and projects.
- Review detailed product development, marketing documents and media materials as needed.
- Demonstrated competency in both oral and written communication modes for both internal and external personnel at various levels.
- Work independently and in a team environment in order to achieve customer business objectives, personal and team goals and complete assignments within established time frames and specifications.
- The ability to develop tasks and work assignments, based on sometime vaguely defined objectives.
- The position requires the ability to perform the essential duties and responsibilities in the following environment:
- Work is generally performed in an office environment.
- Operate a computer keyboard and view a video display terminal 50% of work time, including prolonged periods of time.
- The movement and transportation of equipment, most of the time under 25 pounds.
- Performs work under time schedules and stresses which are normally periodic or cyclical, including time sensitive job stress, fatigue, unpaid over-time, intellectual challenge, constant technical data feedback, language barriers, and business management stress.
- Machines, tools, equipment, and work aids representative and commonly associated with PCs, printers, and office work areas.
- Frequently works additional hours beyond normal schedule.
- Under very little direct supervision with a high level of responsibility to apply general policies and guidelines where decisions are seldom monitored and consequences of decisions adversely affect operating results and management decisions. Complete access to confidential company data where disclosure may jeopardize the company's competitive position.
Skills and Qualifications
Since being established in 1969 , Samsung Electronics has grown into one of the world's leading technology companies, and become recognized as one of the top global brands. Our network now extends across the world, and Samsung takes great pride in the creativity and diversity of its talented people, who drive our growth. To discover more, please visit our official newsroom at ( https://news.samsung.com/global/ ).