- Posted: over a month ago
Maintenance Technician Level III
Reports to: Maintenance Manager
Classification: Full Time, ExemptJOB DESCRIPTION
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for installation and maintenance of car wash equipment.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Apply knowledge of hydraulics, plumbing, and other industrial fields to install and maintain car wash equipment.
- Partner with the operations team to complete high-priority projects and implement new technology launches.
- Demonstrate pride in your work and a commitment to safety
- Troubleshoot and repair car wash equipment.
- Performs scheduled and emergency service.
- Render on site and phone technical assistance.
- Some travel required.
- All other duties as assigned by maintenance and install leadership.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Minimum Qualifications
- 2+ years’ experience in car wash maintenance
- Moderate experience in at least four of the following competencies:
electrical, mechanical aptitude, hydraulics, pneumatics, and plumbing
- The ability to juggle multiple projects while working individually and as a member of a team
- A sense of urgency and dedication to minimizing site downtime
- The availability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and on-call hours
- Desire to be active outdoors in varying temperatures and weather conditions
- Valid driver’s license with a clear record and 21 years or older for insurance purposes
- Must submit to and pass pre-employment tests including but not limited to drug test, background check, reference checks, and MVR (Motor Vehicle Report)
- Welding experience and/or certification
- Ability to read building and construction blueprints and schematics
- OSHA certified
- Knowledge of industrial controls (Variable Frequency Drives, PLC programming)
- Car wash operations knowledge
- Forklift/Telehandler Certification
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position requires the ability to move between locations, therefore the ability to drive daily, as well as pass a quarterly Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) is a requirement of this position
- This position also requires several hours of standing, walking, sitting, stooping, bending, twisting, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, lift, use hands and fingers to handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear
- Ability to climb ladders to access roofs, attics, crawl spaces, basements, and trenches etc. unassisted
- Operate and work on equipment and work with toxic chemicals and waste
- This position may require lifting up to 50 pounds unassisted and 100 pounds with assistance
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position will work in the field being exposed to all weather elements
- Hours of work include, but are not limited to, the hours of operation; 7 days a week, 7:30am-9pm
- Typical corporate work hours are Monday thru Friday 8am-5pm
- Must be able to work after business hours to perform maintenance on car wash equipment
- Some out of town travel is required
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Sam's Xpress Car Wash
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?