Product Marketing Manager - Insurance
- Posted: over a month ago
Product Marketing Manager – Insurance
Who we are:
Hi, we’re SambaSafety and we offer the industry’s most comprehensive driver monitoring software. Our technology helps everyone from large corporations to small companies ensure only the safest individuals are driving on behalf of their business. These companies trust SambaSafety to keep their employees safe on the roads, helping protect their brand, greater community and bottom line. Simply put, we save lives and are on a mission to reduce crashes on American roadways 20 percent by 2025.
We’ve built an inclusive, supportive, and exceptional culture where every employee is empowered in their role. Don’t take our word for it; we’ve been recognized as a Top Workplace by The Denver Post, Albuquerque Journal, Sacramento Bee, and Built In Colorado. And our employees rate SambaSafety top-notch, with a rock solid 4.9-star rating on Glassdoor.
What You’ll Do:
The Product Marketing Manager for Insurance is a highly cross-functional role whose primary mission is to educate and enable sales and marketing while evangelizing the product to customers. The PMM is embedded with the Product team and works closely with the entire GTM team: Product, Marketing, Sales Leadership, Solutions Consulting, and Operations.
In this role, you will be responsible for the success and growth of our products in the property/casualty insurance vertical by telling the story that connects client needs to product capabilities. You will collaborate with internal teams to define the integrated go-to-market strategies and programs and ensure product feedback flows up, down, across the organization.
- Participate in customer interviews to gain understanding of the problems they face and the expectations they have. Develop a keen understanding of buyer personas, buyer needs, industry influencers and decision makers.
- Partner with product management to translate product capabilities into customer-focused benefits. Partner with the product team on defining the integrated go-to-market strategy and programs to drive awareness for our products, launching new products/enhancements, and translating market needs into features.
- Build, iterate and maintain solution messaging, positioning, and go-to-market strategies for commercial vehicle and personal auto insurance vertical.
- Collaborate with marketing to develop high-value sales tools and external-facing collateral, such as solution sales sheets, videos, infographics, and presentations. Create and host product specific webinars for internal and external audiences.
- Partner with marketing on demand generation programs, providing campaign planning input and content to be used in campaigns.
- Facilitate competitive analysis and provide specific competitive intelligence to sales, product management and the corporate strategy team.
- Work closely with the pricing and product team to develop and explain the pricing of your products.
What you’ll need:
The ideal candidate has 5+ years product marketing experience in property/casualty insurance or adjacent verticals. We encourage you to apply if you have experience in the property/casualty vertical with marketing project management or marketing content creation.
The position requires strategic thinking, collaboration, and an ability to tell a great story — not just the facts but why they matter. The ideal candidate is someone who learns quickly (and loves learning new things) and finds satisfaction in teaching others.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) including polished presentation skills
- Broad understanding of all parts of marketing: from lead generation to customer retention
- Track record of producing quality content at a fast clip
- Excellent discovery, listening, collaboration and influencing skills for both customers and internal stakeholders
- Proven track record of working, managing, and influencing cross-functionally
- Entrepreneurial mindset — you’re strategic, opportunistic, and default to action
- Attention to detail with a focus on consistency.
- Systems thinker: you think about how to maximize and multiply your efforts
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritize competing requests
- Power user of Word and Powerpoint
- Capable of video and graphics editing when needed
Benefits and Perks:
- 4 Day Work Week alternating Fridays through Summer
- Unlimited Paid Time Off and Paid Volunteer Days
- 401k Employer Match
- Generous Healthcare Benefits including a fully employer paid family medical plan
- Wellness &Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- Lots of Samba swag
- Samba Events including our famous Samba Sprint
Our team of talented and committed safety professionals is exceptional. At SambaSafety we strive to foster an inclusive culture that supports, encourages and celebrates a wide array of diversity. We are committed to create a space where all employees can show up as their authentic selves every day, and we work to advance employee equality, diversity and inclusion.
SambaSafety provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, and expression or genetics.
Come join us to find out for yourself what all the excitement is about!
Powered by JazzHR
BusinessView all jobs at Sambasafety