- Posted: over a month ago
At Samaritan Daytop Village, we serve over 33,000 New Yorkers annually within your neighborhoods and communities so our success depends on those we employ. Samaritan Daytop Village has grown into one of New York’s largest as well as a nationally recognized comprehensive Health and Human Services Agency, with over 60 programs across New York City and greater New York Area. Samaritan Daytop Village offers opportunities for a meaningful and challenging career in the health and human services field. We are looking for proactive, team-oriented employees to join our organization. Join us so you can connect and learn about why you’d make a great addition to the Samaritan family! Samaritan Daytop Village: Where Good Lives™
In this role you will:
Under general direction, the Recovery Coach is responsible for serving as support, mentor, advocate, and life coach to individuals with a substance use disorder. This includes developing person-centered recovery goals that enable individuals to live, learn, socialize, work and thrive in the community. The Recovery Coach will help support the client’s recovery by focusing on successful community reintegration. In addition, the Recovery Coach will provide individual face to face services in the client’s home or community as specified in the service protocols. This work is carried out in support of the mission and goals of Samaritan Daytop Village.
What qualifications do you need: location: VAN WYCK EXPRESSWAY
- Certified Recovery Peer Advocate -Provisional (CRPA-P) Or Certified Addiction Recovery Coach (CARC)
- Bi-lingual Spanish.
- OASAS approved 30 Hour Recovery Coach Training
- High School diploma or GED.
- At least six months experience providing peer recovery support to individuals.
- Willing to work a flexible schedule.
- Basic computer literacy.
- Willing to be an active participant in all required Peer Recovery Coaching/Facilitation.
- *Additional Salary Details: The salary range and/or hourly rate advertised is a good faith estimate of compensation that may be offered to a potential candidate. The rate of pay is determined by several factors such as education, years of relevant experience, division, location, specialty, funding source, and credentials.
What we can do for you:
- Growth potential
- Team work
- Work that makes a difference and impact your community
- Experienced leadership and supervision towards license/certifications
We also offer
- Generous Paid Time Off plus 11 paid holidays for eligible employees
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
- 401k Pension and Profit Sharing Plan
- Voluntary Programs: Enhanced STD / Critical Illness / Accidental Injury / Universal Life / Hospital Indemnity
- Flexible Spending and Commuter Benefits Accounts
- Employer paid short-term & long-term disability, life and AD&D insurance
- Tuition Assistance
- Employee Assistance Program
Samaritan Daytop Village
HealthcareView all jobs at Samaritan Daytop Village
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?