Mental Health Counselor
Samaritan Daytop Village New York, NY
- Posted: over a month ago
We’re still hiring – In an effort to keep you and our staff safe, we are conducting virtual Zoom interviews in lieu of in-person!
At Samaritan Daytop Village, we serve over 33,000 New Yorkers annually within your neighborhoods and communities so our success depends on those we employ. Samaritan Daytop Village has grown into one of New York’s largest as well as a nationally recognized comprehensive Health and Human Services Agency, with over 60 programs across New York City and greater New York Area. Samaritan Daytop Village offers opportunities for a meaningful and challenging career in the health and human services field. We are looking for proactive, team-oriented employees to join our organization. Join us so you can connect and learn about why you’d make a great addition to the Samaritan family! Samaritan Daytop Village: Where Good Lives™
We are currently seeking dynamic Mental Health Specialist to join our clinical team within our outpatient opioid treatment program in the Manhattan.
In this role you will:
under general direction, the Mental Health Therapist/Specialist is responsible for providing counseling and casework services to individuals who have mental illnesses and/or substance abuse problems. Assesses patient’s mental status through interviews and observations and then develops treatment plans or makes referrals to appropriate services.
What qualifications do you need:
- Master’s Degree in Social Work or Mental Health Counseling.
- At least One-Two years demonstrated clinical experience in substance use and/or mental health treatment for designated programs based on needs of the facility.
- In depth knowledge of NYC diverse network of medical and behavioral health care organizations, including substance use disorders, treatment services, education and employment services, and non-traditional community support groups.
- Computer literacy including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and EHR.
- Experience working directly with people from diverse racial, ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- License/Certification Required:
- To obtain QHP (Qualified Health Professional) status within designated OASAS regulated programs, LMSW-Permit required for designated programs/divisions and must obtain within 90 days of hire and licensure within one year of employment OR MHC-Permit required and must obtain within 90 days of hire OR
- NYS LMSW/LMHC licensure for designated programs/divisions.
What we can do for you:
- Growth potential
- Team work
- Work that makes a difference and impact your community
- Experienced leadership and supervision towards license/certifications
We also offer
- Generous Paid Time Off- minimum 15 vacation, 12 sick, 2 personal plus 10 paid holidays for eligible employees
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
- 401k Pension and Profit Sharing Plan
- Voluntary Programs: Enhanced STD / Critical Illness / Accidental Injury / Universal Life / Hospital Indemnity
- Flexible Spending and Commuter Benefits Accounts
- Employer paid short-term & long-term disability, life and AD&D insurance
- Tuition Assistance
- Employee Assistance Program
Monday-Friday 8 am - 4 pm
Samaritan Daytop Village
AddressNew York, NY
HealthcareView all jobs at Samaritan Daytop Village