Senior Director, Global People Operations
Sama San Francisco, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
About the Job:
Sama is looking for a Senior Director of Global People Ops to join our team. You'll be a key member of the People team, reporting to the VP of People & Trust, ensuring alignment of HR strategies and initiatives, while acting as an advisor to the senior leaders on the development of long-term goals, organization structure, and the implementation of effective initiatives and strategies that contribute to building and sustaining a high-performance business and team.
In this role, you will tackle ongoing functional challenges and drive transformation stemming from changes in business strategy and organizational priorities. You will be responsible for the management of the day-to-day operations of global HR, as well as drive a variety of key verticals including benefits and compliance, payroll, policies, and other HR processes. Most importantly, this role will create the foundation for high growth and scale.
We are a globally distributed team in NA, EU, and LatAm so high cultural intelligence is a must while ensuring effective design and delivery of HR programs, focusing on speed, effectiveness, and localization of programs as needed. This person will also work closely with senior leaders of our functions and People Operations in East Africa.
- Lead the creation and development of a best-in-class HR department to support employees globally
- Partner with teams to design employee-centric service processes and systems
- Oversee global employee relations and compliance
- Establish the monitoring and reporting of KPIs and SLAs for the HR department to continually optimize processes and deliver on objectives
- Advocate HR strategies and solutions into the business, champion initiatives that support Sama culture, behaviors, and engagement goals, and provide comprehensive communication and change management
- Ensure that HR programs and plans are aligned to business priorities, balancing corporate, functional, geographic, and business needs in deploying HR programs
- Coach managers on tactical HR processes as well as interventions involving leadership development and change management
- Provide solid guidance on legal and regulatory trends in order to effectively counsel leaders and reduce potential business liabilities
- Create and improve HR processes and policies including onboarding, offboarding, performance management, and diversity/equity/inclusion
- Build a strong and cohesive People team
- Be a trusted coach and mentor
- Bachelor's degree, Masters, JD preferably with an emphasis in HR or Business
- 8-10+ years of relevant cross-functional leadership and management experience in progressively more challenging roles.
- Prior experience leading People Ops with a high growth start-up/fast-paced environment (Tech company experience highly desired)
- Demonstrated People strategy, project management skills, and a track record of success in bringing highly complex, cross-functional projects to completion
- Prior experience owning HRIS processes and workflows
- Proven expertise in analyzing people-centric data and building data-driven action plans for employee success, development, and engagement, and partnering with leadership to implement change.
- Knowledge of Global employment laws and relevant subject matter
- Demonstrated experience with cross-functional collaboration and influencing
- Hands-on, customer-service orientation, and extensive HR experience working in a growth stage start-up environment
Sama is quite unique. We are a technology company with a social mission. People that thrive in a high-growth environment, love working on the bleeding edge of technology, and really care about having a positive impact on the world are a great fit for the Samasource culture. Our core values are grit, integrity, humanity, and GTD (Get Things Done).
Sama offers competitive compensation commensurate with experience and a full benefits package, including: medical, dental, and vision insurance, FSAs, HSAs, short- and long-term disability insurance, life and AD&D insurance, employer-matching 401K, pre-tax commuter benefits, generous holiday and vacation policies, sabbaticals, paid disability and baby bonding leave, a monthly fitness stipend, and professional development opportunities.
At Sama, we take pride in being a diverse and equal opportunity employer.
Powered by JazzHR