- $13 Hourly
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Life Insurance
Truck Driver (called Production Assistant) is assigned to 1) pick up donations from homes, businesses and donation collection boxes, 2) pick up from and deliver merchandise to Salvation Army stores.
- Responsible for the security and safe operation of the vehicle and other assigned equipment.
- Perform daily walk around inspection of vehicle, checking air, fluid, and other items to maintain equipment in good operating conditions and report any problems.
- Follow daily routing and make all scheduled pick ups as assigned.
- Pick up donations from homes, businesses and donation collection sites.
- Deliver merchandise to Salvation Army stores
- Maintain complete and accurate records.
- Responsible for loading and unloading of truck assigned and others as requested.
- Provide assistance to Store personnel when delivering items to ensure the proper placement and location within the store.
- Donors/Customers are to always be treated courteously.
- Responsible for helping to recruit donors by hanging door knob cards at residences on either side and across the street of each residential pick up.
- Truck cab and box must be clean and all personal items removed daily.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Ability to lift 100 pounds.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must have an acceptable DMV record.
- DOT medical card is required.
- Be able to pass driving test.
- Must be able to use iPad for route assignments and communication with dispatch.
- Communicate courteously.
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
The Salvation Army's Adult Rehabilitation Centers make a difference in people's lives.
Through the collection and resale of gently used goods we are able to provide the financial support to assist men and women with a variety of social and spiritual afflictions. The in-residence rehabilitation program focuses on basic necessities with every man or woman being provided a clean and healthy living environment, good food, work therapy, leisure time activities, group and individual counseling, and spiritual direction. All our effort is focused on developing life skills and a personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ. More than just a job, each member of the team contributes to recycling goods that literally restore and repair broken lives.
Salvation Army - ARCWilmington, DE
Transportation and Storage
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.