Truck Driver (Production Assistant)
- Posted: over a month ago
- $15 Hourly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
Truck Driver (called Production Assistant) is assigned to 1) pick up donations from homes, businesses and donation collection boxes, 2) pick up from and deliver merchandise to Salvation Army stores.
- Responsible for the security and safe operation of the vehicle and other assigned equipment.
- Perform daily walk around inspection of vehicle, checking air, fluid, and other items to maintain equipment in good operating conditions and report any problems.
- Follow daily routing and make all scheduled pick ups as assigned.
- Pick up donations from homes, businesses and donation collection sites.
- Deliver merchandise to Salvation Army stores
- Maintain complete and accurate records.
- Responsible for loading and unloading of truck assigned and others as requested.
- Provide assistance to Store personnel when delivering items to ensure the proper placement and location within the store.
- Donors/Customers are to always be treated courteously.
- Responsible for helping to recruit donors by hanging door knob cards at residences on either side and across the street of each residential pick up.
- Truck cab and box must be clean and all personal items removed daily.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Ability to lift 100 pounds.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must have an acceptable DMV record.
- DOT medical card is required.
- Be able to pass driving test.
- Must be able to use iPad for route assignments and communication with dispatch.
- Communicate courteously.
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
Salvation Army - ARC
30 Warren AvePortland, ME
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Salvation Army - ARC
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?