Function: The Senior Sales Associate is the third member of the Store Management Team, assisting the Store Manager and the Assistant Store Manager in performing a wide variety of duties in order to create a pleasant and hospitable work environment and to maintain excellent customer relationships.
POSITIONS AVAILABLE now at these locations:
191 Lincoln Highway Fairless Hills, PA 19030
436 Mulberry Street Trenton, NJ 08638
15 State Highway 33, Hamilton, NJ 08690
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assist in creating and sustaining a pleasant and hospitable work environment. Ensure that all customers are served in a courteous and efficient manner.
2. Understand and hold staff accountable for following all store policies and procedures.
3. Assist the Store Manager in meeting all sales and production goals.
4. Receive applications and participate in the interviewing of applicants as needed.
5. Ensure that all safety measures are consistent with The Salvation Army policy and government regulations and all personnel are in compliance.
6. Assist in scheduling of Sales Associates and all unpaid staff as required.
7. Assist in completion of payroll information for all store personnel
8. Immediately report theft, customer complaints, injuries, and any unsafe equipment or conditions to Store Manager, Store Supervisor and/or Center Administrators.
9. Assist Store Manager in ensuring that the store is well stocked and all merchandise is properly rotated per written policy.
10. Assist in training, retraining and supervision of all employees and unpaid staff.
11. Responsible for the proper accounting and banking of cash receipts per written policy.
12. Ensure that all paperwork is completed thoroughly and accurately and forwarded to the Center Finance Office daily.
13. Serve as back up for the Store Manager or Assistant Manager as needed.
14. Open and close the store as assigned.
15. Other duties as may be assigned by immediate supervisor, Store Supervisor, and/or Administrator.
1. High school diploma or equivalent and prior experience is retail sales,
2. Ability to effectively communication with supervisors, coworkers, beneficiaries, donors and customers.
3. Excellent customer service skills.
4. Excellent supervisory skills. Ability to both give and follow directions.
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.