Production Assistant (Truck Driver)
- Posted: over a month ago
- $16 Hourly
- Benefits: vision, dental, life insurance, medical,
Reports To: General Supervisor
Function: The Production Assistant will complete driving routes for pickup and/or drop off of donations at the warehouse, assigned donation boxes, and donor homes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for the security and safe operation of the vehicle and other assigned equipment. Promptly report, to immediate supervisor, all accidents involving truck, personal injury, or property damage and complete all necessary paperwork.
2. Perform daily walk around inspection of vehicle, checking air, water, oil and other items to maintain equipment in good operating condition. Report any problems immediately to the supervisor.
3. Ensure truck cab and box are clean and personal items are removed daily.
4. Plan daily routing based on pick-ups assigned and make all calls scheduled, including boxes.
5. Responsible for developing of assigned route, including bagging or carding on both sides and across the street of each pick-up, as instructed.
6. You are a personal representative of The Salvation Army. a) You are therefore to ensure that all customers are treated courteously, donations are accepted or refused appropriately, and the “Manual for Production Assistants” is strictly followed. Any problem in pickups should be reported immediately to the dispatcher. b) Required to maintain a professional appearance in compliance with company dress code.
7. Maintain complete and accurate records, i.e., delivery manifests, trip log, Green Sheet, etc. Strict adherence to communication procedure and 10 codes
8. Responsible for loading and unloading of truck assigned and others as requested. Take proper care to secure and safely handle goods and materials during loading and unloading. Blankets, ropes, etc., are to be used to: a) Avoid excessive movement of material during transit. b) Avoid breakage, scratching, or other damage. c) Make optimum use of available space.
9. Provide assistance to Thrift Store personnel when delivering items to ensure proper placement and location within the store (i.e. hampers to processing area, furniture placed properly on sales floor, removal of trash, etc.).
10. Instruct and supervise Truck Helper. Keep in mind that the Truck Helper is in a rehabilitation program and that good habits are taught by example as well as instruction.
11. This position will support the work therapy program component of The Salvation Army Adult Rehabilitation Centers by providing to beneficiaries; an example of professional conduct, work habits, .
12. Other duties as may be assigned by immediate supervisor and/or Administrator.
1. Must be able to communicate effectively.
2. Valid driver’s license for assigned vehicles and acceptable DMV record. Must pass driving test.
3. Must be able to lift 100 lbs.
4. Must be able to read maps and plan and prioritize daily route coverage.
5. Must be able to use iPad with GPS, texting and truck inspection report.
6. Must have excellent communication and customer service skills.
7. Medical card required depending on city and/or state requirement.
8. Passing a DOT Physical is a requirement of the job, and failure to do so could result in immediate termination of employment.
Statement of Confidentiality: The Production Assistant occupies a position of trust, and is expected to maintain confidentiality and exhibit loyalty to The Salvation Army and the staff of the Adult Rehabilitation Centers in all job related matters.
Mission Statement: The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
Employment at Will: Employees of The Salvation Army are considered employees at will. This means that the employment arrangement between the employee and The Salvation Army may be terminated by the employee or by The Salvation Army at any time with or without cause. No Salvation Army representative may change the at will employment relationship through oral or written promises.
Salvation Army - ARC
72 Cambridge St. WorcesterWorcester, MA
Arts and EntertainmentView all jobs at Salvation Army - ARC
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?