Assistant Store Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Salvation Army is accepting qualified candidates for the position of Assistant Store Manager.
The Assistant Store Manager will be required to perform the following responsibilities and duties:
- Assist in creating a pleasant and hospitable work environment and maintain good customer relationships.
- Be well versed in, and ensure compliance to, Guide to Thrift Store and Donation Centers Operations manual and all other policies and procedure by all store personnel.
- Assist in meeting sales, production, and expense budget goals maintaining a profitable operation.
- Receive applications, participate in interviewing of applicants when needed, and report on suitability for employment to the Administrator, Store Supervisor, or designate.
- Recommend training needs and corrective measures as necessary.
- Ensure that all safety measures are consistent with The Salvation Army policy and Government regulations and all personnel are in compliance.
- Assist in submitting completed payroll information biweekly for all store personnel noting signatures, absenteeism, overtime, etc.
- In the absence of a manager, responsible to order merchandise to ensure that the store is well stocked and all merchandise is “ragged out” and colorized in accordance with the Territorial ARC Rag Out Calendar.
- Assist in providing training, direction, and supervision for new employees and unpaid staff along with retraining for all personnel, as necessary. Beneficiaries on work therapy assignment need special attention and guidance.
- Responsible for the proper accounting and banking of cash receipts at end of business day. Safeguard cash at all times. See “Safekeeping of Salvation Army Funds” policy.
- Ensure that all paper work and sales reports are filled out completely and forwarded to the finance department daily.
- In the absence of manager, attend manager meetings and keep store personnel informed of new policies and directives.
- In the absence of manager, responsible for protection of property and buildings. Report safety hazards, property damage and personal injuries to Administrator, Store Supervisor, or designate.
- Comply with the Adult Rehabilitation Centers Employee Manual and other established standards, policies, and directives of The Salvation Army.
- Other duties as may be assigned by immediate supervisor and/or Administrator.
- High school graduate or equivalent retail sales experience.
- Able to operate cash register and complete paperwork.
- Be able to read and interpret simple income and expense reports.
- Good communication, training, and supervisory skills.
- Willing to work in any store location under the supervision of this center.
Salvation Army - ARC
118 East Main St. WebsterWebster, MA
RetailView all jobs at Salvation Army - ARC
Get fresh Salvation Army Retail jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.