Assistant Sorting Room Supervisor
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Assistant Sorting Room Supervisor will work under the direction of and as back up to the Sorting Room Supervisor to coordinate the efficient operation of the sorting room.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assist the Sorting Room Supervisor in efficiently utilizing employees under your supervision. Train and cross train all personnel to prepare them for any task assigned.
2. Assist the Sorting Room Supervisor to ensure that all merchandise is sorted, tagged, and priced according to policy. (tag fixed to top left hand corner of garment; color coded tags are correct for the given week and dated accordingly, etc.)
3. In coordination with the Store Supervisor, responsible for quality control and to ensure production of a minimum number of garments every day.
4. Maintain records – attendance, work schedules, production output, storage, quality, etc.
5. Responsible for the care and proper use of equipment assigned to your area and to ensure a clean and safe work environment; processing area, storage area, and break area (if applicable). Create and post a clean-up schedule, dividing duties equally among personnel. Report unsafe conditions to supervisor.
6. Maintain inventory of necessary supplies (tags, staples, stapling machines, pliers, pricing guns, etc.), keeping in mind some of these supplies take days or weeks to receive.
7. Responsible for the collection and security of all jewelry, antiques, collectibles and other items of value that are processed through the sorting operation. No merchandise is to be taken, given or loaned, except by the Administrator, to any employee or beneficiary.
8. Efficiently utilize beneficiaries assigned to the work therapy in the sorting room. Train and cross train beneficiaries to be prepared for any task assigned.
9. Maintain attendance records for beneficiaries.
10. This position will support the work therapy program component of The Salvation Army Adult Rehabilitation Centers by providing to beneficiaries; an example of professional conduct, work habits, and supervision (as directed by Supervisor).
11. Other duties as may be assigned by immediate supervisor and/or Administrator.
1. High school diploma, equivalent or warehouse experience.
2. Practical knowledge of processing and identifying clothing quality and price.
3. Excellent communication, training, and supervisory skills.
Salvation Army - ARC
72 Cambridge St. WorcesterWorcester, MA
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Salvation Army - ARC
Get fresh Warehouse Sorting jobs daily straight to your inbox!