JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Under the direction of a physical therapist, the assistant physical therapist will aid in a variety of patient care, including performing test, evaluations and help in complex procedures. They will work with other members of the rehabilitation team to implement the agreed-upon course of care for each patient. They are also responsible for adhering to the department’s treatment schedule, clinical procedures and billing documentation for each of their patients. The physical therapist assistant, under the guidance of the physical therapist, will work with and instruct family members and caregivers of the patient on their treatment plan and how to implement that program at home
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works with the physical therapist to implement patient’s treatment program.
- Coordinates with other members of the rehabilitation team to implement activities and programs based on the patient’s individual treatment needs.
- Handle scheduling of patients treatment, clinical visits and billing, and other documentation per the department’s requirements.
- Works with patients families and caregivers to implement treatment plans and appropriate activities at home.
- Maintains updated documentation on all the patients treated.
The above statements are intended to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job related tasks other than those stated in this description.
1. High levels of compassion and empathy
2. Ability to stand for long periods of time, bend, kneel and lift heavy objects
3. Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
4. Physical therapy assistant license
5. Current CPR and first-aid certification
6. Demonstrates good verbal and written communication and organizational skills.
7. Licensed driver with automobile that is in good working order and insured in accordance with the organization requirements.