Start Date: Flexible, but no later than Feb. 3rd, 2020
Job Type: Full time, but open to part-time discussions pending finance team structure
Bonus: To be determined annually by Managing Partners
Benefits: Health Plan (coverage up to $600/month), $100/ month Phone Write Off, Flex Vacation
Reports Into: Managing Partners
The Finance Director will be a member of the company’s senior executive team with the top-level responsibility of managing the company’s financial health. This position will have a combination of operational and strategic responsibilities, which focus on managing accounting and financial control functions, in addition to establishing a financial strategy for profitable long-term business growth.
SALT is a start-up so this individual will have to wear a few hats and be open to collaboration. While this position will be directing the financial functions of the company, this individual will also do many of the daily workflow tasks, including internal account reconciliations, general accounts payable and receivable.
The Finance Director will have the opportunity to develop and implement financial protocol and procedures in this start-up environment as well as advice and educate leaders and managers on financial and budgeting decisions. As the company grows, the Finance Director will have the opportunity to build a financial team and process.
Finally, as a senior member of our team this individual must not only be a leader but also embody our core values:
+ Relationships - make for successful projects and business growth. They motivate team members to grow and make coming to work fun.
+ “Yes And” - attitudes keep the door open to new opportunities, ways of working and creative approaches to solving production puzzles
+ Reliability - no need to really say more. We are a team; we need to have each other’s backs. Period.
+ Transparency - gains trust and trust is the ground on which solid relationships are built. Full circle.
- Responsible for all company revenue recognition and general accounting processes and functions, including timely and accurate recording and reporting of all transactions and system reconciliations.
- Manage third party bookkeeping and tax firm relationship
- Management of company cash flow
- Be a strategic and hands-on leader; establish credibility throughout the organization as an effective problem solver; be viewed as approachable and as a mentor on financial issues.
- Participate in the development of the organization’s fiscal plans and programs
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of short-term and long-range planning
- Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the agency
- Provide strategic financial input and leadership on decision-making issues affecting the organization, e.g., evaluation of financial relationships, 401K funds and investments.
- Recruit, train, supervise, and evaluate department staff members.