Conducts mental health assessments on jail prisoners and develops, documents, and implements treatment plans. Provides direct treatment and case management services. Works with prisoners' families, health care providers, and security staff to provide and appropriate level of care.
Master's degree from accredited college or university in social work, psychology, marriage and family therapy, mental health counseling or other closely related field and Licensed as a Mental Health Therapist in the State of Utah.
Due to the nature of this position, the successful applicant must pass a required pre-employment background check and subsequent mandatory background checks in accordance with current County Human Resources policy requirements.
Must be a resident of the State of Utah at the time of hire.
Must be a U.S. Citizen.
* Conducts assessment and screening services.
* Completes various paper forms and computer programs to document provided services so that Salt Lake County Jail clients can access mental health treatment.
* Provides outreach to the public and professionals with questions about substance abuse and mental health treatment.
* Conducts trainings and presentations regarding suicide risk/prevention, substance abuse, mental health, and accessing treatment to security and health care team.
* Recommends and explains treatment options and services to clients.
* Provides group, individual therapy, and case management.
* Coordinates with multiple agencies to provide client care.
* Provides crisis intervention services when necessary.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Salt Lake County
JAIL ADULT DETENTION CENTER-1003