Salm Partners is looking for a Maintenance Technician with experience in Utilities for its 12 hour, 2-2-3 shift.
Performs diverse mechanical maintenance activities and basic electrical activities to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive maintenance systems and processes to support the company operations, maintaining compliance with all safety, food safety, quality, SQF, GMP and USDA requirements.
Essential duties and responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Maintain production machines and components and the facility’s equipment, performing mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic trouble shooting and maintenance repairs as needed.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production to minimize down time, diagnosing problems, replacing or repairing parts, testing and making adjustments.
- Perform regular scheduled Preventive Maintenance on machines, equipment, components, and plant facilities.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work requests to perform required maintenance and service.
- Perform basic machinist and welding duties as needs dictate.
- Complete periodic checks and make adjustments to the boiler and ammonia systems.
- Monitor the pump systems; adjust pH, check drives and switches.
- Check forklift and lift batteries; check water levels in batteries and adjust as needed.
- Perform a variety of plumbing maintenance and carpentry functions.
- Monitor the HVAC system; complete preventive maintenance, change filters, clean coils as needed.
- Check air compressors and vacuum compressors.
- Maintain facility plumbing for restrooms and kitchen/lunch room areas.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to the appropriate personnel.
- Follow established equipment Lockout/Tagout procedures as required without fail.
- Comply with all safety rules and regulations per established company policies.
- Maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and with changing environmental conditions.
- Must be highly motivated and able to work independently. Must have demonstrated mechanical and electrical knowledge and repair abilities, and be able to effectively manage multiple priorities.
- Must be forklift certified, or have the ability to achieve certification upon placement in the position. Education and/or Experience This position typically requires a high school diploma/GED.
- An Associate’s degree in Mechanical Technology, Electro-mechanical Technology or related field is preferred, or completion of a craft apprenticeship.
- If non-degreed, an equivalent number of years of training and production maintenance experience are required. A minimum of 3 years of maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment is required, preferably in a USDA-regulated environment, and with broad hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical, electrical and industrial skills application.
- PLC, boiler, ammonia refrigeration system, and HVAC experience is preferred.
- Previous exposure to power systems, AC frequency drives, gearboxes, chain and belt drives, and pumps is also preferred.
- Communication Skills Must possess good verbal and interpersonal communication skills. Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Must be able to read and interpret schematics. Computer Skills Must have basic computer proficiency with Word, Excel and Outlook. Previous experience with AutoCAD or Sold Works for generating and/or editing schematics and mechanical drawings is preferred.
Salm Partners, LLC
Why Work Here?Salm Partners, LLC is a contract manufacturer of fully cooked, premium sausage products. The company was founded in 2004 by four brothers; Chris, Mark, Pete, and Joe Salm. The Salm brothers had the foresight to invest in innovative manufacturing technology that set it apart in the meat industry. This technology is based on two processes: co-extrusion, and cook-in-package. The end result is sausage that is superior in taste and quality, and superior from a food safety standpoint as well. The company continues to seek out new technologies in the food industry that have the same market-changing potential.
Awesome work environment! Company Performance Bonuses, Growth and Development
Green Bay, WI