Sally Beauty Holdings (NYSE: SBH) is the world's largest wholesale and retail distributor of beauty supplies. Our world headquarters is conveniently located in Denton Texas, just 5 minutes north of Lake Lewisville off of I35E.
We are currently seeking a Product Development Manager to join our growing team! The Product Development Manager develops and assumes responsibilty for assigned brands as it relates to profitability, new product development, and existing product improvements.
- Works closely with Director on innovation and development of new projects. Manages the product development life-cycle from concept to launch, ensuring on-time delivery of critical project milestones & budgets. Defines the future product road map and optimizes current product portfolio in accordance with brand development philosophy.
- Leads communication with cross functional departments on product briefs, formulas feedback and timelines. Works with Marketing, Merchandising and creative teams on packaging design that creates an on-brand experience.
- Monitors and analyzes profitability on a regular basis, identifying opportunities for improvements.
- Utilizes appropriate support functions or outside agencies to create and improve advertising, promotion and marketing plans. Secures necessary legal approvals.
- Evaluates assigned brands’ market position on an on-going basis.
- Analyzes market competition and category trends to identify new opportunities for growth or enhanced profitability. Works closely with Director in preparation for category reviews, innovation presentations, product turn over presentations and regional innovation meetings.
- Stay up to date on new trends in and out of the industry. Attend trend shows, seminars and industry trade shows to report on trends and related new developments when necessary.
- Bachelors degree in Business, Merchandising and Marketing or related major
- 2+ years experience in consumer product development
- Health and beauty related experience preferred but not required
- Ability to multi task
- Ability to delegate
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Passion for beauty/fashion/trend
We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision. Life insurance, paid vacation and sick days, paid holidays, merchandise discounts, tuition reimbursement, and 401(k) with company match.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, or disability.