Job #: G866
This position works independently as well as collaboratively with various staff / management levels throughout the Institute, and with external parties in performing the duties of the position.
This role assists in the monitoring of the Alternative Investments portfolio of approximately 60 Funds and over $400m of assets, requiring the performance of ongoing due diligence activities, review of monthly performance, ensuring that treasury transactions are reviewed and executed, coordination with custodial bank, and the preparation of audit schedules and tax reporting.
Under the general direction of the Senior Financial Analyst, this position exercises sound judgment and attention to detail, adheres to critical timelines / due dates, and follows accounting principles.
- Minimum of two years of clerical or administrative experience in an investment or treasury department or a financial institution.
- High school diploma.
- AA/AS or BA/BS degree in a related field or equivalent combination of education and related work experience.
- Must be willing to work at a location away from the main campus (but within walking distance) and travel to and from campus as needed (parking is available at both locations).
- Must be willing to work in an animal-related research environment.
- Satisfactory completion of the Institute’s background investigation.
- Completion and signing of confidentiality agreement.
This position requires constant seeing, adjusting focus, handling, reading and working inside.
Salk Equal Opportunity and Non-Discrimination Statement
The Salk Institute for Biological Studies is committed to providing equal access to opportunities for students, employees, applicants for employment and other persons.
Our policies prohibit harassment or unlawful discrimination against individuals on the basis of sex, gender, marital or parental status, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, medical conditions/disabilities related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding, gender identity, gender expression, or sexual orientation age, ancestry, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), family and/or medical care leave status, disability (mental or physical), registered domestic partner status, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status (disabled veteran, veteran of the Vietnam era, other covered veteran status), national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver’s license), race, religion or any other classification protected by local, state or federal laws.
The Salk Institute participates in the E-Verify program.
Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities and for individuals with religious restrictions.