In this role, the successful candidate will provide support to Bonneville Power Administration's (BPA's) Supervisory Realty Specialist (TERR). This position generally involves office work but can require field work to support the Field Realty Specialists/ Right-of-Way Agents (RS) within their region.
This position is responsible for supporting the creation of acquisition packages, acquisition support including landowner name and address lists and mailings, opening and closing land management cases including Land Use Review Requests (LURR) preparation and preliminary research, drafting documents for review by BPA Realty Specialist, as well as preparing exhibits and maps.
Real Property Field Services (TERR) provides realty support for BPA in the areas of acquisition, disposal, encroachments, rights-of-way management, and landowner issues. TERR adds project coordination and schedule support for larger projects when multiple tract acquisitions and handoffs might impact project construction dates or outage timing. TERR has staff locating at our District Offices located in WA, OR, ID, and MT. We work with other federal agencies, state agencies, large corporations, and individual land owners to support BPA's infrastructure.
- 5+ years of property management, real estate, title review, or related work experience is required
- Course work or experience related to Real Estate principles, practices, precedent cases, and comprehension of the technicalities of government real property procedures, rules, and regulations is required
- Knowledge of Real Estate documents including but not limited to: Warranty Deeds, Deeds of Trust, Mortgages, Quit Claim Deeds, Liens, Property Title Reports, and Assessor/Treasurer Property information reports
- Professional knowledge of the principles, practices, techniques, and underlying concepts of Real Property Services, which may include Geospatial Services, Survey and Mapping, Real Property Field Services, Realty Support Services, or experience coordinating projects that include these support services
- Associate's Degree is preferred
NOTE: Matrix and Resume should detail any coursework or experience related to Real Estate principles, practices, precedent cases, and comprehension of the technicalities of government real property procedures, rules, and regulations. Provide a list of the specific coursework/classes being claims as "qualifying," including a list of specific hours for each class and the name of the education institution where the classes were taken (for example, Courses taken at Portland State University: Real Estate Principles USP 233 - 3 semester hours; Real Estate Law USP/RE 438 - 3 semester hours, etc.). Must provide a crosswalk or reference in the education/experience portion of the qualifications matrix that points back to the coursework info provided in the resume.