hy Salient CRGT?
We’re passionate about the inspirational missions of our customers and we entrust our employees and teams to deliver exceptional performance to enable the safety, security, health and well-being of our nation. We provide the tools and resources to help you be successful, and our culture fosters an environment in which idea sharing and collaboration is essential. Are you ready to make a difference?
The ideal candidate will be responsible for working within the TEZM (Asset Reliability and Maintenance) organization. This position will provide engineering services for Corrosion Work projects and as well as provide general electrical engineering services in support of the BPA transmission line maintenance functions, including field measurements, monitoring, assessments and escorting. This position will provide engineering electrical expertise for BPA Research and Development Projects, including high voltage switchgear, transmission line grounding, induced voltages, lightning protection, electric fields, avian collision and exclusion mitigation, corrosion field measurement, monitoring, mitigation, field supervision and personnel instruction, and underground cable location.
Asset Reliability and Maintenance group provides support to the Field Service and Design organizations relative to asset maintenance and performance for high voltage substation equipment and transmission lines.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or other closely related engineering field is required.
- 10 years of practical electrical engineering experience is required.
- 10 years of experience with high voltage engineering.
- 5 years of experience with the following:
- Corrosion mitigation (cathodic protection preferable)
- Corrosion testing
- High voltage transmission cabling/sub-marine cabling, including inspection and testing and corrosion mitigation
- Knowledge and experience of high voltage and extra high voltage switchgears.
- Knowledge of American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) and National Association of Corrosion Engineers (NACE) standards and practices.