Sales Manager - Job Summary
We are currently seeking to hire a Sales Manager to join our team! We are a small privately held sales and marketing company specializing in clothing hangers for resale in retail chain stores. The Sales Manager will be a high energy, self-starter, self-motivated multi-tasking individual with a professional people skills and attitude. This person will be a self-driven high achiever who will learn the business and fully understand the customer relationships and needs, and create profitable growth for the business partnerships. The candidate will be a proven sales professional, with experience successfully growing long term customer partnerships, ideally with direct experience in consumer products to retail chains directly and with independent manufacturer’s representatives. The position requires excellent leadership and organizational skills with a highly detailed solution based approach to consistently deliver results on time.
Responsibilities and Duties
· Create new opportunities, and incrementally build current customer relationships.
· Lead and manage day to day needs and goals relationships internally and with vendors and customers
· Responsible for accurate and timely delivery of phone calls and emails to expedite all activities including quoting and samples, timely follow ups, expedite orders and handle exceptions, oversee customer service, logistics, accounts receivable
· Proactively finding solutions to issues using clear and consistent interpersonal communication
· Learning and responding to the unique needs of the customers to creatively and aggressively help grow sales and margins for the company and customers.
· Continuous education of the market including market conditions and trends to stay current on how to better position the company for future growth
· Analyze data and create detailed reports using Excel and QuickBooks to fully understand all costs and margins, to increase sales and margin in all current and future marketing activities
· Create and present effective every day and promotional quotes based upon current accurate data analysis to find the best strategic fit with both company and customer objectives.
· Forecasting of sales, inventory and resource demands, coordinating the timing of raw materials and production rates, to meet customer and company demands
· Highly literate and effective using MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and Quickbooks
· Communicating and coordinating all business activities to accomplish short and long term goals.
· Excellent business ethics, respectful relationships, a proven leader and manager with a strong history of success.
Qualifications and Skills
· Professional and effective oral and written communication skills
· Ability to learn new products and markets, creating effective solutions to customer’s needs
· Lead the team to motivate, encourage, support, and collaborate to achieve mutually beneficial goals with a positive and enthusiastic attitude
· Responsibly and consistently self-manage, continually following up to take all available actions to manage company performance, anticipating and planning for future solutions based upon current data
· Willingness to independently self-manage to put in the time and effort necessary to meet company and customer goals
· Effective communication, computer literacy, expertise in MS Office,
· Able to occasionally travel to visit customers and company meetings as needed
· Demonstrated leadership and sales experience with a proven successful track record
· High School diploma/GED
· Experience in sales
· Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required
· Sales experience with consumer products to retail chains
· At least one year in sales, preferably with ongoing customer relationships, or
· At least one year in operations, management, customer service or similar experience
· Professional business communication, both written and oral, computer literacy
· Proven ability to learn and effectively use new information and skills to generate results
· More than five years selling consumer products to retail chains and distribution
· Extensive experience in sales, marketing, manufacturing, and logistics
Based upon experience