* Retail Banking
Danvers, MA, USA
Retail Business Development Representative
Department: Retail Banking
Reports to: Market Manager
This is a sales position with a primary focus on sales development and relationship building through the promotion of deposits, loans, fee-based services and the retention of customers. Responsible for selling a full range of financial banking products and services to existing and prospective customers while providing specialized customer care. Utilize and promote the Retail Sales and Service process using the tools provided. This position is in our High Street, Danvers, MA branch. Schedule is 40 hours within branch hours.
Understanding that all divisions of the company work together for one common purpose - to deliver a consistent and distinctive customer experience to all customers. All employees must have knowledge of Salem Five's digital banking services and are able to use, understand and describe these services.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Provide an outstanding Customer Experience to Salem Five customers and prospects.
* Be able to demonstrate a high level of proficiency with Salem Five's digital technology offering.
* Proficient with mobile smart phones and downloading applications. This includes the basics of texting, email and application management.
* Proficient utilizing desktop applications such as MS Office (Excel, Word, Exchange).
* Proficient utilizing the Internet (mobile and desktop) to search and locate information.
* Embrace new and emerging technologies to support operations and customers through flexibility and the ability to learn and adapt to change.
* Regular attendance is essential to this position.
* Demonstrates compliance with banking business laws and regulations as defined in company policies and procedures pertinent to the position.
* Consistently meet or exceed sales goals for loans, deposits, referrals and fee income, as set by management.
* Be able to demonstrate a high level of proficiency with Salem Five's digital technology offering
* Proficient with mobile smart phones and downloading applications. This includes the basics of texting, email and application management
* Proficient utilizing desktop applications such as MS Office (Excel, Word, Exchange)
* Proficient utilizing the Internet (mobile and desktop) to search and locate information
* Embrace new and emerging technologies to support operations and customers through flexibility and the ability to learn and adapt to change
* Promote all bank products and services by regularly soliciting internal customers for expanded business and referrals to assist in the continued growth of the store and Bank.
* Initiate and maintain customer contact through a variety of methods including, but not limited to customer interaction in the store, on boarding, On the Job visits, inbound and outbound telemarketing, and profiling.
* Maintain and promote the Bank's sales environment and actively participate in regular sales and store meetings and, the execution of sales contests and other motivational activities.
* Actively participate in the telemarketing process within the store, utilizing marketing resources and other tools.
* Establish and maintain close relationships with assigned business partners, such as Mortgage, Business Banking, Insurance and SFIS.
* Accounts for sales activity and goals.
* Demonstrates alternative delivery options for customer to include online banking, bill pay, debit cards and mobile banking.
* Provide a customer experience that is consistent across all customer touch points and maintains Salem Five as the leader in the financial services industry in terms of customer satisfaction, loyalty, and retention and provides a different customer experience from other providers in the marketplace.
* Promotes excellent customer relations by consistently providing premier customer satisfaction with a friendly demeanor, can-do attitude and willingness to help at all times, providing professional resolution to problems/issues.
* Establish a relationship with the customer base of the store through knowledge of account ownership and profiles, greeting customer by names and exhibiting an attitude of caring.
* Assist in ensuring the store is neat and orderly and presentable for clients as defined by customer service standards.
* Open and maintain full range of accounts and services.
* Demonstrates compliance with banking laws and regulations as defined in company policies and procedures pertinent to position.
* May need to handle opening and/or closing procedures
This position may have occasional supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION AN/OR EXPERIENCE
Undergraduate and/or relevant retail sales or banking experience; demonstrated ability to achieve or exceed sales results; self motivated; excellent interpersonal, communication and problem solving abilities.
Any of the following would be desirable:
* Teller Training
* Platform Training
* Customer Service Training
* Sales and Profile Training
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and core values; benefits organization through outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
Interpersonal Skills - A strong collaborator with customers and co-workers; focuses on responding to customer inquiries; maintains confidentiality; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
Oral & Written Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings; writes clearly and informatively; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively.
Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives.
Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
Business Acumen - Understands basics of the business and related implications of decisions
Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; conserves organizational resources.
Ethics - Treats people with respect; works with integrity and ethics; upholds organizational values.
Analytical - Has the ability to organize data, both financial and systemic information, and to make assessments that will be used to optimize systems or financial performance.
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
With a rich history and a strong reputation for growth, service and innovation, Salem Five offers employees a sense of stability and pride. Salem Five also offers a comprehensive salary and benefit package including health insurance and matching 401(k) plan. Qualified candidates may submit a resume and application online at salemfive.com/careers