- Posted: 27 days ago
- $22 Hourly
The Receiving Clerk is responsible for the receipt, verification, and processing of all goods received by the Resort.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
50% Accept delivery log and communicate all deliveries according to hotel policies and procedures.
35% Verify count and condition of all hotel orders delivered against approved Purchase Orders.
10% Assist hotel staff to resolve discrepancies with goods ordered.
5% Compile regular statistical data pertaining to key processes.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the hotel:
- Read group resumes to anticipate group receiving needs prior to arrival.
- Store and organize received goods.
- Practice proper lifting procedures and safe handling of equipment.
- Practice security procedures to limit loss or damage of goods.
- Keep receiving dock and office clean and orderly throughout the day.
- Maintain inventory of operating supplies (office and shipping).
- Perform daily and monthly food and beverage inventories
- Additional duties as necessary and assigned.
- Process requisitions requested by departments during storeroom operating hours.
- Process the receipt of all goods guest packages according to hotel policies and procedures.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- High school diploma or equivalent General Education Degree (GED)
- One to two years of shipping and/or receiving experience preferred.
- Previous Food and Beverage experience and warehouse experience preferred
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
Salamander Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. Salamander is a drug-free workplace and participant in E-Verify
Salamander Hospitality, Llc
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Salamander Hospitality, Llc