Senior Risk Manager
- Expired: May 24, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Do you have a background in Risk and Compliance management in a financial institution? Would you like to work for an established and innovative credit union that cares about its employees and the communities it serves? If so, read on!
Salal Credit Union of Seattle, WA is looking to hire a Senior Risk Manager to join our Risk and Compliance team. The Senior Risk Manager will develop, implement, and continuously improve the Credit Union's enterprise risk management initiatives. They will ensure that third-party vendor risk is developed and managed properly while working closely with internal stakeholders to ensure vendor compliance is achieved. The Senior Risk Manager will leverage their experiences to make recommendations for improvements in internal controls to minimize risk and compliance concerns. This position is responsible for the day to day oversight of the vendor management program while overseeing a group of compliance professionals. Reporting directly to our Vice President of Risk and Compliance, this position will be an integral part of the team, enhancing and establishing new programs that support the Credit Union's growth and minimize risk. This is a new position at Salal Credit Union, and there is ample opportunity for having an immediate impact.
The Senior Risk Manager earns a competitive wage of $120,000- 135,000 annually, depending on experience. We also offer great benefits and perks, including healthcare options, a health savings account (HSA) , paid vacation, paid sick time, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, a 401(k) plan with company match, a charitable contribution match, on the job training, and transportation benefits. If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, apply today!
This position is eligible to be performed fully remote within the Credit Union's hiring territory.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THIS ROLE
- 7 years of Compliance and Risk management experience in a financial institution. Experience can be a combination of risk and compliance related positions.
- 5 years of management experience.
- 5 years of Vendor Management experience.
- Ability to review and analyze SOC reports and contracts.
- Proven ability to manage various deadlines relating to regulatory requirements and project completion dates.
- Desire and ability to collaborate across the organization with various levels of stakeholders.
- You are a strong communicator who identifies and removes blockers, encourages collaboration, and, most importantly, continuously looks for ways to improve how we work.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Direct oversight of the vendor management program to include knowledge with Quantivate or comparable software. Working with vendor owners to ensure due diligence tasks are completed timely.
- Measure KPIs for critical areas within Compliance and Vendor to assess adherence to regulatory deadlines.
- Responsible for assessing any identified material gaps in vendor security controls, documenting recommended mitigation activities, and presenting them as applicable to the Risk Management Committee.
- Develop and maintain Policy, Procedure and Training guides covering key operational processes. Investigate and respond to service escalations and product inquiries when needed and coordinate responses among key partners.
- Making strategic recommendations on improving risk management programs to create efficiencies and minimize risk.
- Ensuring that changes in the regulatory environment are appropriately understood and communicated to the applicable teams.
- Mentoring, developing, and coaching direct and indirect reports. Ensuring that the team feels engaged and a sense of belonging at Salal Credit Union.
- Supports management in the execution of enterprise-wide risk assessments including: BCP, BIA, ERM, Compliance and project-based assessments. Assists in the development and documentation of the related risk mitigation and monitoring activities.
ABOUT SALAL CREDIT UNION
Salal was founded in Seattle in 1948 as a not-for-profit financial institution to exclusively serve Group Health employees. When our charter opened in 2003, our services expanded to allow anyone who lives and works in Washington State to become a member. We have helped thousands of members manage their money by making bold, measured decisions to offer the right products to each person. Our mission is to break down financial barriers for the innovators in our community by offering good rates, low fees, and dedicated personal services. Beyond that, we are committed to giving 5% of our annual income to help people and causes in the communities we serve, because we know that many small actions, when added together, can make big impacts.
Helping our employees build and achieve their career goals is equally as important to us, and we are dedicated to fostering a positive work environment in which they can thrive. We strongly prioritize their growth and development as well as their impact to the community so we can be an institution that our employees are proud to be a part of.
Salal Credit Union strives to maintain a work environment free from discrimination where employees are treated with dignity and respect. All employees contribute to the Credit Union's commitment to equal employment opportunity. Salal Credit Union does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, gender identity, religion/creed, pregnancy, age, physical or mental disability, size or shape, marital status, national origin, genetics/genetic markers, military or veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, compensation, benefits, promotion, and discipline. We believe that by adhering to these policies we can cultivate a welcoming environment by embracing each individual's identities and abilities.
READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
We understand your time is valuable, so we have a very quick and easy application process. If you feel that you would be right for this Senior Risk Manager position, please fill out our initial 3-minute, mobile-friendly application. We look forward to meeting you!
To request reasonable accommodation in order to complete your application or need this job announcement in an alternative format, contact the Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com. If you do not have internet access, you may visit your local public library or any WorkSource location and use their computers.
Salal Credit Union participates in E-Verify.Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Salal Credit Union
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Salal Credit Union