Pacifica Sakura Gardens Memory Care Center now hiring Personal Care Assistants / MedTechs. Come join our team!
- Japanese Language spoken helpful
- Experienced in Dementia Care preferred
This position provides direct care assistance to the resident in a manner that meets or exceeds Community expectations, including being familiar with and prepared to fulfill responsibilities
- Support the mission, vision, and culture of the organization through positive communication and leadership.
- Contribute to Community relationships by demonstrating cooperation and professional conduct with residents, families, fellow associates, physicians, pharmacies and other vendors or persons.
- Contribute to team effort by being flexible in work assignments; by furnishing support; by taking initiative; and by understanding how this position affects and compliments all other Community positions.
- Able to maintain work pace appropriate to given work load. Perform activities on schedule while maintaining regular attendance and punctuality within specified tolerance. Provide assistance or reminders with activities of daily living, including grooming, oral hygiene, bath/shower, hair cleaning and brushing, and transferring to and from activities and meals, as needed.
- Provide assistance with resident’s personal environment (e.g. clothing, linen, and personal belongings).
- Lift and/or transfer residents as needed.
- Assist in meal preparation/presentation, serving to resident, and other dining-related responsibilities; record and report changes in resident’s eating habits to the supervisor.
- Make resident rounds every two hours as required in residents’ service plans or as circumstances dictate.
- Record and report changes in resident’s condition to the supervisor including but not limited to changes in resident’s ability to perform activities of daily living, skin changes, bruising, etc.
- Use approved charting criteria and procedures to record pertinent information in resident charts.
- Immediately report all incidents or accident involving residents to the Resident Care Director/Supervisor and record all necessary information on the Resident Incident and Accident Reporting Form.
- Maintain a clean, safe and orderly environment by performing general scheduled housekeeping for resident involving cleaning laundry, bedrooms, dining area, living space, bathrooms, kitchen, etc.
- Initiate and participate in leisure activities provided for residents; encourage resident to socialize and participate in planned activities and programs to develop friendships with other residents.
- Follow proper procedures in emergency situations and respond promptly and positively to resident requests for assistance, including emergency pull cords, telephone calls, and requests from family and friends.
- Correct and prevent environmental hazards in an appropriate and safe manner while observing universal precautions and infection control procedures.
- Immediately report any suspected abuse, neglect or misappropriation of resident funds or property to immediate supervisor.
- Perform work assignments and attend required in-service training.
- This position prefers a high school diploma or equivalent certificate and a competent history in a similar facility.
- Must possess valid First Aid Certifications and, according to state regulations, may need to possess current CPR, Certified Nursing Assistant Certification, state certifications, and pass an examination and/or skills evaluation. Also, must meet requirements for continuing education and maintain all license(s).
Please send a resume for consideration