- Posted: over a month ago
- $80,000 to $82,000 Yearly
General Position Summary
The primary function of the Production Planner is to analyze marketing forecasts and develop product schedules to maximize the use of company resources. This involves the creation maintenance, and adjustments of the Master Production Schedule (MPS) to meet production and inventory goals of the organization. Plus, other analytical activities to monitor and address as situation arise.
Essential Job Functions
Material Planning Activities
- Manages and monitors the master production schedule. Creation, maintenance, and adjustment as necessary to meet production and inventory goals.
- Plans and manages product line production schedules to meet customer delivery requirements with optimum utilization of the company's production capacities.
- Analyze sales order releases (discrete and Kanban) with respect to capacity planning and material requirements.
- Directs daily operation of ERP System, issuing of work orders and cycle counting coordination between all internal groups for data integrity.
- Performs statistical analysis, reports generation, graphs, charts, presentations, and handle any special projects including process improvement and development.
- Develops plans and manages actions that support inventory management goals such as inventory accuracy and inventory turns.
- Monitors inventory integrity and takes action on discrepancies or when inventory replenishment is required.
- Weekly Release and monitor of MRP and Work order Creation and Release into production.
- Coordinates the flow of materials among supports groups: Purchasing, Manufacturing, QC/QA, Warehouse according to the production schedule.
- Daily data entry and updates in Oracle to reflect work orders and/or material transactions pertaining to the production operation.
- Collects data for weekly, monthly and quarterly variance analyses and inform management of shortcomings and suggests remedies.
- Develops relevant performance metrics and monitors performance.
- Maintains good communications within the Company.
- Performs special work activities and miscellaneous duties as assigned by Company management.
- Seeks constant improvement in work processes and techniques.
- Compiles statistics and prepares various reports for management as requested.
- Maintains cleanliness and neatness of work area.
Essential Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- APICS certification preferred.
Experience & Minimum Qualifications
- 3 plus years’ experience in planning in a manufacturing setting.
- Experience with MRP/ERP, Lean Manufacturing.
- Understanding of BOM, Supply Type: Push/Pull, Phantom, Bulk etc.
- Exceptional computer skills with MS Office products.
- Must possess a team-oriented attitude.
- Kaizen mindset.
- Problem solving techniques.
- Project management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Physical Requirements & Working Environment
- This position requires the employee to frequently sit. In addition, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers and reach with hands and arms.
- Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
- Ability to read and analyze hard written copy and information on a computer screen.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing to individuals and groups.
- Ability to communicate verbally in person and using a phone.
- Ability to listen for understanding and assist in problem solving.
"Sakura Finetek USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.”
Sakura Finetek USA
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?