Come join our team in the Adult Emergency Room!
In accordance with professional nursing standards, skillfully administers total patient care based on individualized needs of assigned patients and families.
The Patient Care Technician will:
- Assist in the Triage admission, transfer and discharge of patients.
Monitor basic physiological parameters.
Participate in planning and evaluation of patient care by communication of all information pertinent to patient's status.
Provide direct patient care in accordance with the Plan of Care as appropriate to the ages of the patients served including growth and development through the life cycle factors (Neonates, Pediatrics, Adolescents, Adults and Geriatrics) and an understanding of the range of treatment needed by these patients.
Is knowledgeable of emergency procedures.
Provide for patient hygiene, comfort and safety.
Report all necessary information and/or unusual occurrences of an urgent nature as they develop.
- High School diplomas or equivalent
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Provider Certification, as approved by the American Heart Association
- Successful completion of:
- Nursing Assistant training program or
- Previous related experience or
- EMT or
- Completion of 1 clinical rotation with patient care in an accredited RN/LPN program.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Saint Peter's Healthcare System