Director of Children & Youth Ministry
Saint Paul's United Methodist Church Wilmington, DE
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Position: Director of Children and Youth Ministries
Location: St. Paul’s United Methodist Church, 13 14 Foulk Road, Wilmington, DE
Hours: Part-time (20 hours/week)
Salary Range: Competitive, Based on experience
Reports to: Senior Pastor
Through their personal example and programming, the Director of Children and Youth Ministries, will endeavor to guide all children (age 3 to 5th grade) and youth (6th to 12th grades) of St. Paul’s United Methodist Church (“SPUMC”) into a loving relationship with God and their neighbor.
The Director of Children and Youth Ministries is responsible for designing and facilitating a children and youth ministry program focused on building young disciples for Christ. In leading these programs the Director will: (1) work at building trust with children, youth, and their parents, (2) be aware and sensitive to the spiritual and emotional needs of the children and youth, (3) have a working knowledge of the Bible and ability make life applications, (4) be familiar with and have the ability to utilize various learning experiences that relate to and hold the attention of children and youth, and (5) identify and encourage children and youth to use their talents and spiritual gifts in mission and service.
The Director of Children and Youth Ministries is responsible for programs associated with children and youth. Such programs will include, but are not limited to: youth nights, youth mission trips, an annual Christmas Pageant, Vacation Bible School, worship services, and other children and youth activities considered appropriate. The Director will be responsible for communicating children and youth ministry activities and logistics to relevant stakeholders (e.g., parents and church staff). The Director will also manage the SPUMC Safe Sanctuary program and lead an annual refresher training for all required SPUMC volunteers.
· Shows evidence of a mature faith.
· Bachelor’s degree preferred with demonstrated knowledge and experience in children and/or youth ministry. Associate degree or work experience will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
· Experience in leadership and program development of children and/or youth ministry (or similar experience) preferred.
· Possesses positive interpersonal skills with leadership characteristics while also capable of being a productive team member.
· Demonstrates the ability to relate to and communicate with people of all ages.
· Possesses strong written and verbal communication skills incorporating appropriate technology.
· Requires flexibility in work schedule.
· Clearance of all Child Abuse, State, and Federal Criminal Background Checks
· References and background checks will be required
· Selected candidates will be interviewed for the position and notified
Saint Paul's United Methodist ChurchWhy Work Here?
Meaningful work within a Christian community
1314 Foulk RoadWilmington, DE
GovernmentView all jobs at Saint Paul's United Methodist Church