The Secondary (High) School Teacher in Mathematics/Calculus & Algebra will design and implement educational curriculum in one or more academic and technical subjects appropriate for students in secondary Catholic college preparatory (high) school.
· Supervises the behavior of students in the classroom, on school grounds, and on educational trips.
· Plans and develops an engaging, age-appropriate course of study in the classroom, adhering to educational best practices and school, Diocesan and state curriculum guidelines.
· Designs and delivers individual lesson plans in one or more academic and technical subjects using a variety of teaching techniques and appealing to various learning styles.
· Prepares materials for lessons, assignments, and tests; evaluates, corrects, and grades student performance.
· Discusses academic difficulties or behavioral problems with students as they arise.
· Monitors students’ progress throughout the year and evaluates preparedness for graduation or college, as appropriate.
· Collaborates with college and career counseling to help students select a college or course of study.
· Administers standardized tests in accordance with district and state laws and policies.
· Communicates progress and concerns with tact and professionalism to parents and, as appropriate, other faculty, staff, and/or principal.
· Builds and maintains positive relationships with parents.
· Enforces safety and security standards for students, staff, and visitors.
· Maintains required paperwork for individual student files, attendance and incident reports, and other necessary records.
· Monitors halls, study periods, and lunchrooms with other faculty and staff.
· Participates in faculty meetings, educational conferences, in-service opportunities, workshops, and other training seminars.
· Maintains knowledge of research, developments, and best practices in secondary education.
· Performs related tasks such as sponsoring student activities or organizations.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
· Thorough understanding of the pedagogy and best practices of education.
· Desire to teach secondary (high) school-aged children and ability to adapt to their developmental status.
· The ability to design lessons that teach curriculum in an engaging manner, applying various teaching methods such as the flipped classroom, lectures, discussions, demonstrations, and individual or collaborative projects and research.
· Strong supervisory and leadership skills to manage and control the classroom.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Excellent interpersonal skills with the proven ability to maintain professionalism and tact in high-stress situations.
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Creative analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Google classroom, grading management systems, or related software.
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree required; state certification highly preferred; Master’s degree highly preferred.
· Ongoing maintenance of all requirements regarding professional courses and in-services required.
· Prior teaching experience highly preferred.
· Specialized training in teaching secondary school-aged children is preferred.
· Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at times.
· Must be able to traverse school facility and lead students to safety in the event of an emergency.