Saint James School Hagerstown, MD
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: vision, 401k, dental, medical
The Technology Department at Saint James School in Hagerstown, Maryland, is seeking an IT Specialist. The position is a full-time, 12-month, salaried position with benefits. Salary is negotiable and commensurate with professional experience and educational background.
The IT Specialist's role will include installing or upgrading system components, setting up software, assisting with network administration, and assisting with all IT support issues. Top candidates will also have an amicable personality and an aptitude for customer service. The selected candidate must pass criminal background checks and hold a valid driver’s license.
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Serve as a point of contact for support requests from end users via telephone, email, chat, and in-person.
· Perform operating systems administration, development, installation, maintenance, and upgrades for various departments.
· Assist with maintenance/management of established systems and implement new systems to support department and organizational goals.
· Provide technical support for: client workstations, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications, basic printing/scanning troubleshooting, set-up, and routine maintenance.
· Assist with the development of documentation for both end user and internal department use.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Formal Education & Certification
· Bachelor’s Degree, Associates Degree with 4+ years of experience in a relative IT field.
· CompTIA A+/Net+/Microsoft and/or other relevant industry certifications preferred.
Knowledge and experience
· Preferred knowledge and experience within the educational technology field.
· Experience and knowledge with troubleshooting laptop and PC issues related to hardware/software (both Windows and Mac OS), supporting printers and other classroom technology.
· Experience in system administrator role with knowledge in the following systems preferred: Microsoft Hyper-V; Active Directory/Group Policy; Cisco Meraki switching and Wi-Fi and Palo Alto Firewall systems; Veeam backup infrastructure and enterprise storage.
· Professional interpersonal communication skills: ability to respond to end users with empathy and respect; ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
· Highly organized, self-motivated, and directed; ability to work independently and collaboratively.
· Attention to detail, and proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
This position requires less than 10% travel. The candidate should demonstrate a consistent work ethic and attitude conducive to a team effort as well as flexibility to work with all aspects of campus community. Individuals who find fulfillment in daily challenges and working with non-technical colleagues would be best suited for this position. Self-initiative is paramount with regards to the technical responsibilities.
Please submit cover letter and resume to: Jobs@stjames.edu.
Saint James School
17641 College Rd. HagerstownHagerstown, MD
TechnologyView all jobs at Saint James School