Saint Francis Healthcare System Cape Girardeau, MO
- Posted: over a month ago
Guided by our mission to provide a ministry of healing, wellness, quality and love inspired by our faith in Jesus Christ, Saint Francis Healthcare System delivers progressive and innovative health care services to Southeast Missouri and beyond. Our colleagues are called to compassionately serve, while seeing others through Christ's eyes. Saint Francis's commitment to excellence in quality and service is what sets us apart!
In This Role, You Will:
- Provide nursing care to adult and geriatric patients/clients as ordered by the physician and in compliance with applicable laws and regulations and the policies of Saint Francis Hospice. Reports to Director of Home Health and Hospice and designee
- Accurately reconciles and documents medications during care transitions
- Collaborate/Consult with other members of the health care team and ensure that a collaborative care plan is up-to-date and based on assessment
- Develop education plan based on patient/family knowledge deficits, diagnosis, treatment regimen and community support/resources
- Use adult learning principles
- Employ appropriate use of teaching aids and technology
- Provide care for patients with a terminal illness
- Provide support to the patient and the family/caregivers
Type: Part Time, 48 hours per 2 week pay period, with benefits
Typical hours for this position: Monday-Friday 8:00am-4:30pm with weekends and holidays as needed to meet the needs of the department
- You are a graduate of an accredited school of practical nursing. Is currently licensed as an LPN through the State Board of Nursing in Missouri.
- You are CPR certified.
- You are a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state requirements and is in good working order.
- You have a minimum of 1 year experience as a licensed nurse (required); 1 year hospice nursing experience preferred. Med-surg experience, Emergency, Critical Care or Home Health experience helpful.
- You must register with the Family Care Safety Registry (FCSR) and complete the FCSR background check.
Saint Francis Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We understand the importance of administering a competitive and equitable compensation program. To ensure that all offers are representative of the qualifications and expertise each candidate brings to a position, as well as equitable with compensation of current colleagues in like positions, a standard methodology is used for each offer presented. Please confirm that you have included in your application all relevant information and experience for the position you are pursuing because we use this information to put our best offer forward from the beginning.
Powered by JazzHR
Saint Francis Healthcare System
AddressCape Girardeau, MO
HealthcareView all jobs at Saint Francis Healthcare System