Customer Service Specialist
Saint Francis Healthcare System Cape Girardeau, MO
- Posted: over a month ago
Saint Francis Healthcare System is seeking a full-time Customer Service Specialist to join our family!
Guided by our mission to provide a ministry of healing, wellness, quality and love inspired by our faith in Jesus Christ, Saint Francis Healthcare System delivers progressive and innovative health care services to Southeast Missouri and beyond. Our colleagues are called to compassionately serve, while seeing others through Christ's eyes. Saint Francis's commitment to excellence in quality and service is what sets us apart!
In This Role, You Will:
- Be responsible for handling questions and/or concerns regarding billing or payment issues for both hospital and physician services presented by our customers on the phone or in person
- Possess basic knowledge of policy and processes utilized by the Combined Billing Office and use system programs and edits to efficiently assist customers without transferring or referring to others
- Be responsible for scanning of financial documentation received on accounts to the electronic record and proper indexing of those records
- Be responsible for accurate and timely distribution of mail to appropriate office staff
- Be responsible for the daily reconciliation with our Early Out and Bad Debt vendors on files received or transmitted
Type: Full Time, 80 hours per 2 week pay period.
Typical Hours for this position: 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday
- You have High School Diploma or Equivalent
- You have minimum of one year experience in a medical environment which includes Federal and Insurance billing duties.
- You have computer and calculator experience.
- You possess a professional and courteous manners in dealing with customers.
- You possess appropriate and timely independent judgment.
Saint Francis Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We understand the importance of administering a competitive and equitable compensation program. To ensure that all offers are representative of the qualifications and expertise each candidate brings to a position, as well as equitable with compensation of current colleagues in like positions, a standard methodology is used for each offer presented. Please confirm that you have included in your application all relevant information and experience for the position you are pursuing because we use this information to put our best offer forward from the beginning.
Powered by JazzHR
Saint Francis Healthcare System
AddressCape Girardeau, MO
BusinessView all jobs at Saint Francis Healthcare System