Job Title : Network Engineer II
Position Type : Contract
No: of Positions : 2
Location : Sunnyvale, CA 94085
Duration : 12 Months
Primary Skills : Ansible, Python, Linux, SDN, NVF, Cisco.
· Designing, documenting and supporting the introduction of new network platforms or services into both production and lab datacenter environments.
· Maintaining and administering computer networks and related computing environments including systems software, applications software, hardware, and configurations.
· Working collaboratively with both internal and external teams to support the product development life cycle.
· Protecting data, software, and hardware by coordinating, planning and implementing network security measures.
· Troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving hardware, software, and other network and system problems.
· Replacing faulty network hardware components when required.
· Monitoring network performance to determine if adjustments need to be made.
· The Emerging Services organization is seeking a Senior Network Engineer to design, prototype, configure, evaluate and administer our network topology.
· The candidate must possess a strong background in networking fundamentals (layers 1-3) and will have demonstrated experience configuring, deploying, administering, and maintaining LAN/WAN networking equipment.
· Strong Linux system administration skills is a must.
· The candidate's duties will include maintenance of computer networks, hardware, software, and other related systems, protecting data, software, and hardware from attacks, and replacing faulty network hardware components when necessary.
open source technologies.
• Highly proficient and hands on experience in the following inter networking technologies IPv4/IPv6, BGP/MBGP, MPLS, L2VPN, L3VPN, L2 switching, VxLAN.
• Experience with PTPv2 a plus
• Linux system administration skills
• Knowledge of SDN/NFV concepts
• Ability to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network infrastructure devices, including firewalls, routers and switches.
• Ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technology and products using documentation and internet resources.
• Experience with development frameworks/technologies such as o Ansible/Ansible Tower o Python o Restful API
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills.