Enter job description.
· The Emerging Services organization is seeking a Senior Network Engineer to design, prototype, configure, evaluate and administer our network topology.
· The candidate must possess a strong background in networking fundamentals (layers 1-3) and will have demonstrated experience configuring, deploying, administering, and maintaining LAN/WAN networking equipment.
· Strong Linux system administration skills is a must.
· The candidate's duties will include maintenance of computer networks, hardware, software, and other related systems, protecting data, software, and hardware from attacks, and replacing faulty network hardware components when necessary.
· Designing, documenting and supporting the introduction of new network platforms or services into both production and lab datacenter environments.
· Maintaining and administering computer networks and related computing environments including systems software, applications software, hardware, and configurations.
· Working collaboratively with both internal and external teams to support the product development life cycle.
· Protecting data, software, and hardware by coordinating, planning and implementing network security measures.
· Troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving hardware, software, and other network and system problems.
· Replacing faulty network hardware components when required.
· Monitoring network performance to determine if adjustments need to be made.
· Open source technologies.
· Highly proficient and hands on experience in the following inter networking technologies IPv4/IPv6, BGP/MBGP, MPLS, L2VPN, L3VPN, L2 switching, VxLAN.
· Experience with PTPv2 a plus
· Linux system administration skills
· Knowledge of SDN/NFV concepts
· Ability to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network infrastructure devices, including firewalls, routers and switches.
· Ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technology and products using documentation and internet resources.
· Experience with development frameworks/technologies such as o Ansible/Ansible Tower o Python o Restful API
· Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
· 4-year degree in computer science, electrical engineering, electronics, or related field, or the equivalent in experience.