Job Title: Sr. Business Intelligence (BI) Developer
Location: Atlanta, GA
Job Duration: 1+ Years Contract
· Strong T-SQL and DAX skills including advanced coding and performance and tuning
· A minimum of 5 years of experience in the development of BI/Data Warehouse solutions
· Strong knowledge of Data Warehouse processes and Tabular Modeling concepts, with star and snowflake data models
The Senior Business Intelligence (BI) Developer will assist in the design, development, and administrative control of all BI data extracts and reporting activity for our client. The developer uses critical thinking and analytical skills to plan, design, develop, test, coordinate, and implement business intelligence (BI)solutions for the District. Analyzes business, functional, and related issues to formulate and develop new or modified BI solutions. Creates interfaces to exchange data to and from external systems. Coordinates solution test activities, analyzes test results, takes appropriate actions and completes the system documentation. Works directly with business owners to gather requirements and specifications. Performs quality assurance within the environment.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in the development of BI/Data Warehouse solutions
- Strong knowledge of Data Warehouse processes and Tabular Modeling concepts, with star and snowflake data models
- Strong skills in utilizing the Microsoft BI stack including Power BI Pro, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), and SQL Server Integration Series (SSIS) to deliver BI Solutions. SQL 2012 required and SQL 2017 preferred. Experience with Azure Data Factory is a plus.
- Strong T-SQL and DAX skills including advanced coding and performance and tuning
- Experience in dealing with complex and dirty data sources originating in multiple formats
- Experience with data modeling, data analysis, data profiling, and data mapping
- Experience with predictive and prescriptive analytics is a plus
- Must be able to collaborate effectively with District personnel and work with diverse groups of people
- Must be able to successfully manage multiple tasks, projects, and responsibilities
- Ability to work under pressure to resolve critical production issues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Agile development methodology preferred.
Experience in an educational environment preferred