Narrow Gauge Inn in Fish Camp, CA is looking for one cook to join our 27 person strong team. We are located on 48571 Highway 41. Our ideal candidate is self-driven, motivated, and hard-working.
- Cleans food preparation areas as determined by law and company policy
- Prepares foods to the specifications of the client
- Prepares food before the arrival of guests
- Makes adjustments to food items to accommodate guests with allergies or specific diet concerns
- Manages other employees in the kitchen
- Acts as liaison to front-of-house employees to ensure proper food service temperature
- Seasons food according to recipes or company needs
- Orders ingredients and spices as needed
- Operates various kitchen appliance such as a blender, oven, grill, or stand mixer
- Portions, arranges, and garnishes food based on client preference
- Assists other cooks during the food assembly process
- Devises new recipes
- Estimates expected food consumption and organises preparation
- Keeps records and accounts of food purchases
- Orders new menu items for specials or cheap deals
- Butchers and cooks animal meat based on the restaurant atmosphere
- Meets with customers to ensure a great meal experience
- Prepares any necessary sauces or accompaniments before meal service begins
- Stays open until the last customer leaves
- Offers a creative menu to compete with other local restaurants
- Cleans up after business hours
- Communicates with owner about how to improve meal service
- Alters dishes based on consumer suggestions or requirements
- Basic Computational Skills, Organisational Skills, Verbal Communication, Culinary Arts, Kitchen Equipment Knowledge, Butchering, Knowledge of International Cuisines, Creativity, Interpersonal Skills, Culinary Arts Training
We are looking forward to reading your application.
Available shifts and compensation: We have available shifts all days of the week. Compensation is $16.00 - $20.00/hour.
About Sai Trishul Enterprises LLC: The Narrow Gauge Inn is growing. We are looking to hire motivated personal to join our family. We desire to help grow the hospitality industry from coarsegold to yosemite. With so many great restaurants in our community, we want you to find the right fit. We have a fantastic staff who help teach and mentor.
By applying to this job, you agree to receive a text message with a link to your profile as well as a text message when an employer has responded to your application.